OU QB situation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 31, 2011
Speaking of, is there a way to view the list of players in the transfer portal? I'm interested if Dru Brown has or not.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Looks like Austin Kendall is transferring to UNC. If they don’t land Hurts, it could be interesting.
That tweet was made from a fake account. He hasn’t transferred anywhere yet. Kyler Murray still hasn’t declared for NFL yet and the A’s visited him tonight to restructure his deal to make it more enticing to play baseball. Jalen Hurts has yet to make a decision based on Murray’s indecision. Kendall has yet to make a decision because the other two haven’t made a decision.

Either way, they got Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler coming in this summer. I’m super happy with the QB situation regardless. Riley will handle it like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
That tweet was made from a fake account. He hasn’t transferred anywhere yet. Kyler Murray still hasn’t declared for NFL yet and the A’s visited him tonight to restructure his deal to make it more enticing to play baseball. Jalen Hurts has yet to make a decision based on Murray’s indecision. Kendall has yet to make a decision because the other two haven’t made a decision.

Either way, they got Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler coming in this summer. I’m super happy with the QB situation regardless. Riley will handle it like a champ.

Why would Hurts be waiting on Murray?

And I agree with you, right now it would seem you've got a pretty good problem to be dealing with. Having too many good QBs?

Mar 31, 2011

I love your enthusiasm about your QB recruiting, I mean...what fan wouldn't feel confident with a 20 year track record like this:

Austin Kendall
Blake Bell
Trevor Knight
Chris Robison
Spence Jones
Connor McGinnis
Justice Hansen
Kendal Thompson
Grant Bothun
Drew Allen
Landry Jones
Keith Nichol
Sam Bradford
Rhett Bomar
Tommy Grady
Brent Rawls
Hunter Wall
Jason White
Brandon Everage

That's three full time starters, only one in the past decade and he wasn't nearly as impressive as his stats would indicate (Jones).

Meanwhile, transfers Include:
Kyler Murray
Baker Mayfield
Josh Heupel

Obviously, y'all have much better success with transfers. I think it'd be very interesting to see if Jalen Hurts can follow in those greats footsteps at OU (and of course if OU makes it in to the playoffs against Alabama with him the storyline would be great). I know winning is king (and I would have taken Kyler Murray over Corndog this season), but it's risky to always be relying on transfer upperclassmen at QB, don't you think?

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So as I understand in checking stories, Austin Kendall put his name in the transfer portal Friday afternoon, Jalen Hurts visited Norman this past Saturday and Kyler Murray's mock draft status in the past 3 hours, indicates he could be picked as high as 6th to the Giants in the NFL. So I guess the dominoes start fall as soon as Hurts is sure Murray is gone?

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
So as I understand in checking stories, Austin Kendall put his name in the transfer portal Friday afternoon, Jalen Hurts visited Norman this past Saturday and Kyler Murray's mock draft status in the past 3 hours, indicates he could be picked as high as 6th to the Giants in the NFL. So I guess the dominoes start fall as soon as Hurts is sure Murray is gone?
Yeah, but is there any way Murray isn't gone? He won the Heisman and is projected as a 1st round NFL pick, potentially a Top 10. No where for his NFL stock to go but down. All of that in addition to his 1st round MLB contract. There is no way that kid is in college next year.

Re: Hurts, he is obviously a talented player. But does he fit OU's system very well? I thought that Tua allowed Alabama to be more wide open and throw the ball a lot more this year. With Hurts it was all running the ball with a little play action mixed in.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I love your enthusiasm about your QB recruiting, I mean...what fan wouldn't feel confident with a 20 year track record like this:

Austin Kendall
Blake Bell
Trevor Knight
Chris Robison
Spence Jones
Connor McGinnis
Justice Hansen
Kendal Thompson
Grant Bothun
Drew Allen
Landry Jones
Keith Nichol
Sam Bradford
Rhett Bomar
Tommy Grady
Brent Rawls
Hunter Wall
Jason White
Brandon Everage

That's three full time starters, only one in the past decade and he wasn't nearly as impressive as his stats would indicate (Jones).

Meanwhile, transfers Include:
Kyler Murray
Baker Mayfield
Josh Heupel

Obviously, y'all have much better success with transfers. I think it'd be very interesting to see if Jalen Hurts can follow in those greats footsteps at OU (and of course if OU makes it in to the playoffs against Alabama with him the storyline would be great). I know winning is king (and I would have taken Kyler Murray over Corndog this season), but it's risky to always be relying on transfer upperclassmen at QB, don't you think?
They’re not relying on transfer upperclassmen. It’s just how it’s shaken out. The depth has always been there.

The transfer thing is an element to the game. And it’s worked out in Oklahoma’s favor and Riley has designed the offense around each one of them that maximizes their effectiveness.

Trust me I realize how lucky Oklahoma has been to have caught lightning in a bottle two times in a row. That’s the effect Riley has. People want to play for him. And he’s incredibly good at what he does.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa

We’re going to call you Nolasooner. Or maybe goonereer. Every statement is proven wrong, later backed up with an excuse. There was never indecision on Murray coming back to Norman that was a pipe dream with local media fueling the fire to get clicks or speak of an opinion. He was not going back to Norman. It’s lunacy to think he was. Hurts wanted to be recruited he wasn’t waiting on anyone. Traveling to Maimi and Maryland doesn’t sound too bad.

In regards to Kendall, it doesn’t matter if it was a fake account, he had already put his name in the portal before that. You don’t put your name in the portal unless you got one foot out the door. Does it matter if he goes to UNC or ATMCC? Either way he is not staying in Norman.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

We’re going to call you Nolasooner. Or maybe goonereer. Every statement is proven wrong, later backed up with an excuse. There was never indecision on Murray coming back to Norman that was a pipe dream with local media fueling the fire to get clicks or speak of an opinion. He was not going back to Norman. It’s lunacy to think he was. Hurts wanted to be recruited he wasn’t waiting on anyone. Traveling to Maimi and Maryland doesn’t sound too bad.

In regards to Kendall, it doesn’t matter if it was a fake account, he had already put his name in the portal before that. You don’t put your name in the portal unless you got one foot out the door. Does it matter if he goes to UNC or ATMCC? Either way he is not staying in Norman.
Nothing was proven wrong. The cards fell exactly the way I said they would. Murray declares. Hurts announced. Kendall announced. In that order.

He put his name in the portal because there’s a deadline to do it. You can put your name in the portal and still not transfer. I guarantee if Hurts didn’t come in, Kendall would’ve stayed.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Nothing was proven wrong. The cards fell exactly the way I said they would. Murray declares. Hurts announced. Kendall announced. In that order.

He put his name in the portal because there’s a deadline to do it. You can put your name in the portal and still not transfer. I guarantee if Hurts didn’t come in, Kendall would’ve stayed.

The only thing you can guarantee is that you’re full of sh!t. Did you just lie about the deadline for the portal to try make your point or do you just run your trap on stuff you don’t know? A 4 second google search discredits your entire post.
BTW.. Nice bush league bullsh!t your team tried to pull by blocking the kid, then cut bait when the nation calls you out on the hypocrisy...