OU/OSU Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
The reality is I have no clue what will happen. I hope that both teams are close to full strength and both play to their full potential because I think we win in that scenario. The most poetic appropriate ending would be OU with the ball with a chance to win the game with less than two minutes left and our D comes up with the big stop or turnover to win the game!
That's the kind of crap that causes heart attacks...I want us up and up big kneeling on the ball in the victory formation.
I would be thrilled if that’s what ended up happening. I’m just saying it would be totally appropriate for our defense to be the ones that delivered the win in the end!

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I'm praying that Gundy will decide to be aggressive and attacking all day long. He's been so predictable up to this point. We'll know by the first play if Chuba is given the ball up the middle how Gundy has decided to play this game.

If Gundy is aggressive and shows that he hasn't become a 50 something year old eunich with headphones, then even with a loss I cannot fault him because we know of the talent deficit we always seem to have against ou, but not against ut. Hmmm. That argument doesn't seem to hold water, does it?

We simply have to be aggressive. If Gundy goes Pat Jones on offense (which I'm betting my house that he does), then we're in for a long, embarrassing, humiliating, extremely frustrating day of misspent All American candidates as WR, RB and QB.

So much depends on the inside of Sanders head. That frightens me.

How many of you believe we'll see Illingworth in the game no matter what the score may be?

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
OH! And notice who the better coaches are after halftime.

You can tell which team has the superior coaching staff in the second half.
I'd prefer it to be ours.

And one more thing -- is anyone laughing at this Nebraska debacle getting embarrassed at home in their "blackshirts" at the hands of Illinois?!
What a disaster Nebraska football has become. Well, at least they have that academic standing now.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OH! And notice who the better coaches are after halftime.

You can tell which team has the superior coaching staff in the second half.
I'd prefer it to be ours.

And one more thing -- is anyone laughing at this Nebraska debacle getting embarrassed at home in their "blackshirts" at the hands of Illinois?!
What a disaster Nebraska football has become. Well, at least they have that academic standing now.
I remember about 20 years ago when Nebraska thought that going 9-3 was a fireable offense. Worked out well for them.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm praying that Gundy will decide to be aggressive and attacking all day long. He's been so predictable up to this point. We'll know by the first play if Chuba is given the ball up the middle how Gundy has decided to play this game.

If Gundy is aggressive and shows that he hasn't become a 50 something year old eunich with headphones, then even with a loss I cannot fault him because we know of the talent deficit we always seem to have against ou, but not against ut. Hmmm. That argument doesn't seem to hold water, does it?

We simply have to be aggressive. If Gundy goes Pat Jones on offense (which I'm betting my house that he does), then we're in for a long, embarrassing, humiliating, extremely frustrating day of misspent All American candidates as WR, RB and QB.

How many of you believe we'll see Illingworth in the game no matter what the score may be?
First off our QB isn't a All American canidate...he's fighting to keep his job. Here's the thing, if SS stinks it up, I do think we see SI...if he's hurt we see SI...however I understand that we have seen one stubborn arse HC when it comes to his QB's for a long time...so I don't blame you for having your take.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They call it blind side for a reason. There is supposed to be someone over there that keeps that from happening. Usually when it's happened it's because the player has whiffed on a block

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The best QB's have a feel for even their blind side...our's currently doesn't have that feel and holds the ball too long on drop back passing downs.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think it's more the team results that are putting out the negativity and lack of confidence. If you need the fans on a message board to give you confidence, then you're already way behind the game of life, friend- o.
No it's our results in this one game...we have beaten both the teams that beat ou and should have beaten the other one...We are the most talented team in the conference...if we finally put it together...even with the QB we are playing...we could pull this off. We are the better team, but we have been in this game several times in the past decade only to lose. This is why we have negativity, not our defensive wins this year. We lead the conference for a reason...just no one expects us to keep it up on defense nor unleash our real offense after we did it and it resulted in that turnover fest together vs UT. I firmly believe that we will win this game if we don't turn it over AND open it up..I think our defense is the difference.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Everyone on this board and not on this board that are OSU fans would love to see us win tonight. It doesn't matter whether we're realistic, optimistic or pessimistic -- we're not the ones playing the game, making the deicsions and having no say or influence on the outcome of this game whatsoever.
Get your feelings hurt by others being realistic or even pessimistic due to the enormous disadvantage we suffer in this series is just not mature.

We all see this series for what it is -- hope tempered with history.

But we all want a win.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Everyone on this board and not on this board that are OSU fans would love to see us win tonight. It doesn't matter whether we're realistic, optimistic or pessimistic -- we're not the ones playing the game, making the deicsions and having no say or influence on the outcome of this game whatsoever.
Get your feelings hurt by others being realistic or even pessimistic due to the enormous disadvantage we suffer in this series is just not mature.

We all see this series for what it is -- hope tempered with history.

But we all want a win.
Greetings earthling. What is this comment of yours with reason and common sense? Help me understand.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

First off our QB isn't a All American canidate...he's fighting to keep his job. Here's the thing, if SS stinks it up, I do think we see SI...if he's hurt we see SI...however I understand that we have seen one stubborn arse HC when it comes to his QB's for a long time...so I don't blame you for having your take.
Why don’t we ever get creative and aggressive? We have two talented QBs. We should have a series of plays we can put both on the field with Illingworth in the shotgun with SS and Chuba in the backfield. The options are so many. SI can pass it, he can hand it to Chuba or he can pitch it to SS sprinting out who can run it or pass it. It would be fun as heck to watch and it could be effective if it’s practiced and executed properly. We’ll never see it but I sure wish we would....

drbwh

Territorial Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

Why don’t we ever get creative and aggressive? We have two talented QBs. We should have a series of plays we can put both on the field with Illingworth in the shotgun with SS and Chuba in the backfield. The options are so many. SI can pass it, he can hand it to Chuba or he can pitch it to SS sprinting out who can run it or pass it. It would be fun as heck to watch and it could be effective if it’s practiced and executed properly. We’ll never see it but I sure wish we would....
The new triple option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.