OU/OSU Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Rumor is we have a few starters with Rona. I had anticipated a couple touchdown win, but think it’ll be closer to the initial spread.

OU - 34
OSU - 27
IF we give up 34 to you guys you will have been giving at least a 2 to 1 turnover ratio. I'm counting on us controlling the ball...but you could be right if we can't hold on to the ball...Otherwise it may be closer to 31 - 24 OSU winning.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Ignore injuries much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
who's injured? Are you talking oline or SS or SI? I'm not ignoring injuries, I'm not aware of them except for on the oline.
You said 2 straight games with ineffective offense.

OSU injuries at KSU
Sanders
Hubbard
Wallace
Brown
Springfield
Jenkins

Had 577 yds of offense v UT.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
If we utilize a game plan that takes what the defense gives, utilizes the middle of the field (Stoner), and doesn’t force predictable third and longs after running into a stacked box on first down we win. Part of Sanders’ turnover issues stem from having to throw in very predictable situations. We have the better players.

In reality though Gundy will continue to overrule play calls, tire out our strong defense and allow OU to win the game in the 4th quarter.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
The reality is I have no clue what will happen. I hope that both teams are close to full strength and both play to their full potential because I think we win in that scenario. The most poetic appropriate ending would be OU with the ball with a chance to win the game with less than two minutes left and our D comes up with the big stop or turnover to win the game!

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If we utilize a game plan that takes what the defense gives, utilizes the middle of the field (Stoner), and doesn’t force predictable third and longs after running into a stacked box on first down we win. Part of Sanders’ turnover issues stem from having to throw in very predictable situations. We have the better players.

In reality though Gundy will continue to overrule play calls, tire out our strong defense and allow OU to win the game in the 4th quarter.
Overrule play calls?
How many play calls had Gundy overruled this year? Other years?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

OSU injuries at KSU
Sanders
Hubbard
Wallace
Brown
Springfield
Jenkins

We also gave UT the game with Four turnovers mostly by SS...Rewatch the highlights...NO WAY we should have been in position to lose that game. Our insistence on running the zone read with the current QB and not sitting him when he makes several bad mistakes deep in our side of the field led to that loss. 98% sure we would have won that game with SI as QB..98%!!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Sanders doesn't have a good feel for the blind side rush...not sure why but he's been blow up in the pocket at least once in every game he's played this year. Most of those end up as turnovers. He needs to be more pocket aware.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

OSU injuries at KSU
Sanders
Hubbard
Wallace
Brown
Springfield
Jenkins

We also gave UT the game with Four turnovers mostly by SS...Rewatch the highlights...NO WAY we should have been in position to lose that game. Our insistence on running the zone read with the current QB and not sitting him when he makes several bad mistakes deep in our side of the field led to that loss. 98% sure we would have won that game with SI as QB..98%!!
But you said ineffective offense.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

Sanders doesn't have a good feel for the blind side rush...not sure why but he's been blow up in the pocket at least once in every game he's played this year. Most of those end up as turnovers. He needs to be more pocket aware.
He is not a pocket passer and needs to just get out of the pocket and use the RPO on every play. If they try to make him a purely pocket passer today we’re going to get destroyed. If we want a pure pocket passer then start SI because he’s a far better pocket passer than SS.....

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The reality is I have no clue what will happen. I hope that both teams are close to full strength and both play to their full potential because I think we win in that scenario. The most poetic appropriate ending would be OU with the ball with a chance to win the game with less than two minutes left and our D comes up with the big stop or turnover to win the game!
That's the kind of crap that causes heart attacks...I want us up and up big kneeling on the ball in the victory formation.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

There is nothing more "ineffective" on offense than giving the ball to the defense in your own red zone...turnovers are everything in this game and if we turn the ball over a bunch you lose to teams you are more talented than...aka Texas this year. I don't give a flip if you have 700 yards of offense if you have four turnovers and give the other team a ton of points. Give me ball control in both the running and passing game, zero turnovers, and moving the sticks. Keeps the other team off the field and enables your awesome defense to rest while scoring points...this is what a pocket passer with quick release gives us this year...playing RPO zone read option running QB stuff is fun to watch but it got us beat vs Texas.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

There is nothing more "ineffective" on offense than giving the ball to the defense in your own red zone...turnovers are everything in this game and if we turn the ball over a bunch you lose to teams you are more talented than...aka Texas this year. I don't give a flip if you have 700 yards of offense if you have four turnovers and give the other team a ton of points. Give me ball control in both the running and passing game, zero turnovers, and moving the sticks. Keeps the other team off the field and enables your awesome defense to rest while scoring points...this is what a pocket passer with quick release gives us this year...playing RPO zone read option running QB stuff is fun to watch but it got us beat vs Texas.
Forget UT.

Your reasoning for pulling Sanders included ineffective offense at KSU. Justify.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Cowboys lose. Score doesn’t matter.

It will be typical Bedlam game...We will turn the ball over at least 3 times. One turnover will be a QB sack/fumble on a blitz deep on our end which will lead to a quick score. Sanders will have more rushing yards than Chuba but he will get hurt when he attempts to “Derrick Henry” some safety after being told a thousand times to go down.

Defense will give up at least one 60+ yard slant over the middle for a touchdown. Some fans, on this board, will scream that the refs were the primary cause for our 3 star roster to lose to their 4+ star roster.

After the loss, Gundy will declare his team ”played hard” and to look at his record against Texas before your throw his under the bus. On Monday, per Gundy’s guidance, Robert Allen will float the rumor that Gundy is in the mix for the South Carolina job.

Hope I‘m totally wrong but I’ve seen this movie too many times.

Good news...there is always Sunday...Go CHIEFS!!!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

They call it blind side for a reason. There is supposed to be someone over there that keeps that from happening. Usually when it's happened it's because the player has whiffed on a block

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX

He is not a pocket passer and needs to just get out of the pocket and use the RPO on every play. If they try to make him a purely pocket passer today we’re going to get destroyed. If we want a pure pocket passer then start SI because he’s a far better pocket passer than SS.....
I agree and think we are playing the wrong QB, but we still can’t totally abandon what is there even if it isn’t his strength. My post is based upon the limits Gundy places on the offense and me just hoping for a slight change because we know big changes are not going to happen. I feel like Gundy is dead set on forcing a round peg into a square hole.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
Overrule play calls?
How many play calls had Gundy overruled this year? Other years?

Overrule, forces his own game plan...whatever you want to call it but Gundy clearly controls the game plan. Which honestly he is the coach so that is his right. I just believe some changes to his approach would lead to more big wins. We have the better players this year so use them to exploit the weakness of the defensive set.

Status
Not open for further replies.