OU/OSU Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Gather round all you fans and naysayers! Have yourself a huge gulp of that orange kool-aid. Lord knows some of ya'll need it more than others!

24-23 Pokes. Had just a lil sip myself. Pokes lead 21-10 at the half. OU holds us scoreless in the second half to take a 23-21 lead, until SS puts on his big boy pants and makes three long runs to get us into short field goal range. On 4th and 3, Hale kicks the game winning field goal with 2 seconds left.

Now that the fun is over, in all honesty I think it comes down to what our game plan is given the state of our offensive line. We will have to roll SS out (to his right) and throw on the run. We're going to need slants, short curls, and throws to the backs out of the backfield. We need to dink and dunk our way down the field and when the Gooners start cheating up, hit Wallace deep. Sanders needs to run the ball more. Pretty much a whole new game plan. You know OU is going to bring the pressure and if Sanders doesn't get rid of the ball or take off after 3 seconds, bad things are going to happen.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
28-24 Pokes

I am optimistic that if we do our best and things go our way that we can accomplish what we set out to do.

I have never understood pessimism. Are you setting the bar low to so that in the event that you are correct it somehow is an easier let down while hoping to be pleasantly surprised? If we lose, and you were right, do you feel better about the loss or better about yourself? Does calling yourself a “realist” tame the sting of a loss?

I mean either way, a loss will suck... Thinking it is going to happen doesn’t make it less sucky if it happens. It just makes it sucky leading up to it as well.

Enjoy life, be confident, spread optimism and cheer, put good vibes into the universe. Take the chance to be vulnerable, wear you heart on your sleeve and bang that orange drum with pride. If we win, the victory is that much sweeter being that you never lost faith in the Cowboys. Should we fall short, the loss isn’t anymore fun to swallow than if you were pessimistic and correct.

Jan 14, 2006
Healthy Springfield, Sills, Jenkins and Wallace:
34-17 Pokes

Injured o-line:
24-10 OU

I think our D will give Rattler problems early. Hopefully we take advantage and get a decent lead.

Nov 6, 2010
28-24 Pokes

I am optimistic that if we do our best and things go our way that we can accomplish what we set out to do.

I have never understood pessimism. Are you setting the bar low to so that in the event that you are correct it somehow is an easier let down while hoping to be pleasantly surprised? If we lose, and you were right, do you feel better about the loss or better about yourself? Does calling yourself a “realist” tame the sting of a loss?

I mean either way, a loss will suck... Thinking it is going to happen doesn’t make it less sucky if it happens. It just makes it sucky leading up to it as well.

Enjoy life, be confident, spread optimism and cheer, put good vibes into the universe. Take the chance to be vulnerable, wear you heart on your sleeve and bang that orange drum with pride. If we win, the victory is that much sweeter being that you never lost faith in the Cowboys. Should we fall short, the loss isn’t anymore fun to swallow than if you were pessimistic and correct.
Pessimism is not a choice, it is a learned behavior over years of consistent negative reinforcement.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Healthy Springfield, Sills, Jenkins and Wallace:
34-17 Pokes

Injured o-line:
24-10 OU

I think our D will give Rattler problems early. Hopefully we take advantage and get a decent lead.
I don't want the decent lead too early. I can't take 2.5 quarters of clock management.

24 - 21 good guys. No idea how we make it happen, still calling it.

Nov 6, 2010
I don't want the decent lead too early. I can't take 2.5 quarters of clock management.

You know, I think it might be better if we fall behind early. Force us to be the aggressors. I hadn't thought about that until you posted the above, but if I recall, that's the way K-State won.

Jan 14, 2006

Ha! Only OSU fans get this. I can't disagree though.

How about decent lead being like 31-0 at halftime? It would make for the Gundiest second half ever.

Nov 6, 2010
Bullsh!t. The only one responsible for your outlook on life is you.
Who's talking about life, we're talking about Bedlam. You ask me how we'll do against Tulsa, I'll be optimistic as hell. Why, because it is a learned behavior developed over years of positive reinforcement.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Ha! Only OSU fans get this. I can't disagree though.

How about decent lead being like 31-0 at halftime? It would make for the Gundiest second half ever.
31-0 much, much better than decent, would love it (obviously) and might be ok with running some clock at that point. I'm sure I wasn't the only one still on pins and needles during the 3rd quarter of Bedlam 2011!

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
28-24 Pokes

I’ll have what he’s having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.