OU Offenders :)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
So I had to share my funny/sad OU fan story. I recently started working at a correctional center in Oklahoma. As a proud, loyal, and true OSU alumnus, I wear orange every Friday. My boss and one of my colleagues are also OSU alumni and decided to join me in wearing Orange on Fridays. The first Friday that we all wore orange, we walked out of the facility at the end of our working day. We walked together through an open area of the prison yard where numerous offenders (the current PC term used to refer to inmates/prisoners) were gathered. So a few inmates started yelling "Boomer Sooner", and before we knew it nearly all the offenders were chanting that irritating chant. I couldn't help but smile ear to ear :D as I heard this large group of druggies, gangsters, thieves, and violent offenders, as they supported the school and program they most closely associated with. My colleagues couldn't help but to ask me why I was looking so happy, and I explained to them that what the offenders do not understand is that their chant only helped to make me feel prouder to be a COWBOY. We all laughed together as we exited the confines of the prison, leaving the sooner fans behind for the weekend.

Vodnik2

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2010
So I had to share my funny/sad OU fan story. I recently started working at a correctional center in Oklahoma. As a proud, loyal, and true OSU alumnus, I wear orange every Friday. My boss and one of my colleagues are also OSU alumni and decided to join me in wearing Orange on Fridays. The first Friday that we all wore orange, we walked out of the facility at the end of our working day. We walked together through an open area of the prison yard where numerous offenders (the current PC term used to refer to inmates/prisoners) were gathered. So a few inmates started yelling "Boomer Sooner", and before we knew it nearly all the offenders were chanting that irritating chant. I couldn't help but smile ear to ear :D as I heard this large group of druggies, gangsters, thieves, and violent offenders, as they supported the school and program they most closely associated with. My colleagues couldn't help but to ask me why I was looking so happy, and I explained to them that what the offenders do not understand is that their chant only helped to make me feel prouder to be a COWBOY. We all laughed together as we exited the confines of the prison, leaving the sooner fans behind for the weekend.
Congratulations on the new job. I think we can all agree that being a prison guard is the dream job of any OSU alumni, your a lucky man. All that hard work at OSU is paying off, and now your "living the dream". I hope you have many more years enjoying your work as much as you do now.

Jun 29, 2004
Oklahoma City
Congratulations on the new job. I think we can all agree that being a prison guard is the dream job of any OSU alumni, your a lucky man. All that hard work at OSU is paying off, and now your "living the dream". I hope you have many more years enjoying your work as much as you do now.
not so subtle, much more thought out than 7NCS would have done.

I guess you don't see a career in criminal justice as being worthwhile and something to be proud of?:confused:

I don't see anywhere that he's a prison guard tho.. not that it would matter.

Vodnik2

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2010
Biography
BA in psychology, 2003; PhD in counseling psychology 2009!

Congrats jonesyyy!!
So Jonesy has a PhD?, Thats great that a Doctor in Psychology working in the criminal justice system can still have good laugh about people in prison. I hope he keeps wearing his OSU gear to work and rubbing in these dirt bags faces. Im sure hes doing a great job of making these "Sooner Fans" life a real Hell on earth more than it already is. Keep up the good work Jonesyyy

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
So Jonesy has a PhD?, Thats great that a Doctor in Psychology working in the criminal justice system can still have good laugh about people in prison. I hope he keeps wearing his OSU gear to work and rubbing in these dirt bags faces. Im sure hes doing a great job of making these "Sooner Fans" life a real Hell on earth more than it already is. Keep up the good work Jonesyyy
If seeing someone else in OSU gear makes anyone's life a Hell on Earth, they have a problem. I imagine Florida gear or just any other team not OU does the same? I think Adolf Hitler had a similar problem, it didn't work out very well for him.

Vodnik2

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2010
If seeing someone else in OSU gear makes anyone's life a Hell on Earth, they have a problem. I imagine Florida gear or just any other team not OU does the same? I think Adolf Hitler had a similar problem, it didn't work out very well for him.
I agree, And Im sure Jonesyyy does to. But some people think that people in prison do "have a problem".

OSUfreak82

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Dec 2, 2006
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Um.... better than being a brick layer and putting "ou" into Boone Pickens Stadium. :rolleyes:

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Hey Vodnik, good job pissing on a corrections psychologist who can probably buy and sell your ass. By the way, you forgot to grab some storm damage limbs when you came by and picked up my garbage. Maybe you should stop pissing on college graduates and focus on doing YOUR JOB as a trash collector. Although I would probably be pretty damn bitter too if I was an uneducated trash collector named Vodnik.

(just kidding..but you did deserve that :) )

Vodnik2

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2010
Hey Vodnik, good job pissing on a corrections psychologist who can probably buy and sell your ass. By the way, you forgot to grab some storm damage limbs when you came by and picked up my garbage. Maybe you should stop pissing on college graduates and focus on doing YOUR JOB as a trash collector. Although I would probably be pretty damn bitter too if I was an uneducated trash collector named Vodnik.

(just kidding..but you did deserve that :) )
Maybe Jonesyyy can buy and sell my ass. But I think Jonesyyy is doing a better job of pissing on the people hes supposed to be helping. Im sure it makes his day any time he can piss on a Sooner fan in prison, Then have a good laugh about it after. An OSU PhD grad at his finest.

Vodnik2

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2010
Again, the fact that you - who never bothered attending college - would critique a doctorate from any institution of higher learning is, frankly, the very definition of asinine.
No, "the very definition of asinine" is a PhD coming on a football message board making fun of fans of another team that are in prison hes supposed to be helping. Im sure all OSU Veterinarian grads have a good laugh when a gooner fans dog dies too.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
No, "the very definition of asinine" is a PhD coming on a football message board making fun of fans of another team that are in prison hes supposed to be helping.
It's no different than me going to my dentist (who received his degree from the OU School of Dentistry) and him ragging on me for being a Cowboy.

Or are you saying I should file a complaint with the Oklahoma Dental Association for patient mistreatment?