OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Whenever I'm feeling down and need a good laugh, I watch LSU stomp a new mudhole into the swooners. In spite of the fact that I like Hurts and Riley, it's the ou fans that make this embarrassing beatdown so much fun to watch over and over and over.

It's almost as fun as watching CNN's 2016 Presidential Election Night Coverage or Ricky Gervais' skewering of Hollywood hypocrites at the Golden Globe Awards.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Whenever I'm feeling down and need a good laugh, I watch LSU stomp a new mudhole into the swooners. In spite of the fact that I like Hurts and Riley, it's the ou fans that make this embarrassing beatdown so much fun to watch over and over and over.

It's almost as fun as watching CNN's 2016 Presidential Election Night Coverage or Ricky Gervais' skewering of Hollywood hypocrites at the Golden Globe Awards.
I come on here to get away from our f'd up political system not to be reminded of it. Thanks BC for the reminder:(

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The month of November exposed the issues that Hurts can’t run Riley’s system optimally and defensive depth was razor thin. Though without Hurts, I guarantee it would’ve been a 9 win season for OU. The growing pains with Hurts were FAR less than they would’ve been with either Austin Kendall or Mordecai. Hurts was a bandaid for relevancy in the CFP. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a luxury. OU hasn't had to recruit a quarterback since Eddie Crowder.
It’s nice when the transfers or walk ons pan out. We just happened to land three different Brandon Weedens in a row. This is just Riley having an impact and people wanting to play for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
Whenever I'm feeling down and need a good laugh, I watch LSU stomp a new mudhole into the swooners. In spite of the fact that I like Hurts and Riley, it's the ou fans that make this embarrassing beatdown so much fun to watch over and over and over.]QUOTE

What's funny is I was reading CFN's college playoff prediction and they mentioned LSU's throttling of OU, and made the point that the beat-down was a lot worse than the score would indicate.

I mean you give up 49 1st half points, and you end up getting beat by 5 tds, and the "experts" say the score isnt indicative of how bad it really was. I mean, was it a 77-0 type beat-down?

Sep 9, 2013
Oklahoma
LSU was a heavy favorite going into their semi-finals matchup with the Sooners, but no one saw THIS coming.
LSU’s offense rewrote the record books in a 63-28 blood bath against Oklahoma.
  • Most Passing Touchdowns: 7 – Joe Burrow
  • Total Yards: 515 – Joe Burrow
  • Most Receiving Yards: 227 – Justin Jefferson
  • Most TD Receptions: 4 – Justin Jefferson
  • Most Points: 63
  • Total Offense: 692 yards
Who knows what would have happened if LSU hadn’t benched QB Joe Burrow for most of the second half. Everything went LSU’s way. As far as confidence building games go, it doesn’t get much better than this one.

Sep 9, 2013
What I find hilarious is how many said grinch would make their defense better. Culture at OU is soft, Texas has rubbed off on them. cant fix soft.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
What I find hilarious is how many said grinch would make their defense better. Culture at OU is soft, Texas has rubbed off on them. cant fix soft.
I said it throughout conference play when there was talk about how OU's D was "clearly better & improved" this season: The improved stats they put up might, just might, have something to do with all of the offensive skill talent that left after last season.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
If we are soft, what is everyone else in the conference?

You can't deny the fact that our defense was much improved this year.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Who knows what would have happened if LSU hadn’t benched QB Joe Burrow for most of the second half. Everything went LSU’s way. As far as confidence building games go, it doesn’t get much better than this one.
burrow played 71 of 74 snaps against OU. Please cite your sources.

2018 OU gave up an average of 448 ypg and 32 ppg. Literally the worst pass D in the country.

2019 OU gave up an average of 330 ypg (that's 118 less per game) and 25 ppg. I think they were in the neighborhood of top 26 or so in total defense prior to the lsu debacle.

Believe it or not, 448 is still a larger number than 330

I know it's not saying much because it's the big 12 but going from worst defense in the conference to best in one season is a most definite improvement by any objective measure. He did it with almost all the of the same stoops players from horrible 2018.. Looking forward to seeing how he improves that defense once he has more recruits that fit his scheme.

Sep 9, 2013
If we are soft, what is everyone else in the conference?

You can't deny the fact that our defense was much improved this year.
OU's defense was better but still soft. Unfortunately so is the rest of the conference. Pretty blah year for the Ole Big12.
WVU fans are beyond embarrassed to have lost to OU in Big 12 play after we'd owned OU going back to beating the Sooners like a drum in Norman in 1982(or thereabouts) when you were ranked 10th with marcus dupree and were 28 point favorites. Then we beat you in the fiesta almost as bad as LSU beat you.

The losses in big 12 play are due, in large part, to DH being an average at best coach. This season was a disaster in terms lost talent/injuries, but Neal Brown is the real deal, and by 2021 OU's scalp will hang from a Mountaineer belt.

Trust me , OU is bad, very bad, and yes that means the rest of the big 12 is worse. I mean 1-5 in bowls speaks for itself. OU was the tallest midget. But, lots new coaching blood in the big 12, and I think OU's days of going unbeaten in conference play are soon to end.

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
WVU fans are beyond embarrassed to have lost to OU in Big 12 play after we'd owned OU going back to beating the Sooners like a drum in Norman in 1982(or thereabouts) when you were ranked 10th with marcus dupree and were 28 point favorites. Then we beat you in the fiesta almost as bad as LSU beat you.

The losses in big 12 play are due, in large part, to DH being an average at best coach. This season was a disaster in terms lost talent/injuries, but Neal Brown is the real deal, and by 2021 OU's scalp will hang from a Mountaineer belt.

Trust me , OU is bad, very bad, and yes that means the rest of the big 12 is worse. I mean 1-5 in bowls speaks for itself. OU was the tallest midget. But, lots new coaching blood in the big 12, and I think OU's days of going unbeaten in conference play are soon to end.
Even OSU and Texas fans would agree that this guy is an idiot.. OU is one of the top 3 teams in the history of the sport. Just stop, accept it, and move on. It makes it easier, I promise. Love it, or hate it, it's a fact. If you don't see the influx of defensive talent that their DC is bringing in as a concern for them to further put their imprint on this conference, you sir are a fool.

Sep 9, 2013
Even OSU and Texas fans would agree that this guy is an idiot.. OU is one of the top 3 teams in the history of the sport. Just stop, accept it, and move on. It makes it easier, I promise. Love it, or hate it, it's a fact. If you don't see the influx of defensive talent that their DC is bringing in as a concern for them to further put their imprint on this conference, you sir are a fool.
Texas has talent too, and it has lost at least 4 games a season for over a decade(10 years in a row for OU fans who have trouble with big words).

OU was a big deal once upon a time, as was nebraska and miami. OU is doing much better than the Huskers and Miami, but its days are numbered, just like Michigans and PSU. You just got boat raced. LSU set offensive records against your defense(pitiful defense, Rutgers like defense) and the blood bath could have been even more comical had LSU not called off the dogs.

OU is a good team, but a 7-5 team in the SEC west, and that's being kind. Had you played LSU's schedule with oregon substituted for OU, you'd be lucky to only have 5 losses. I doubt you beat Gators or Auburn, and Ole Miss ran for over 400 yards on LSU's defense, so we know what RROD would have done against OU's soft defense. You may have outscored Ole miss, and then again, you may not have. Clemson would have been another beatdown, UGA a loss, @ Bama would have been ugly. you get my point.

Apr 7, 2006
-OU is definitely a blue blood (they get more favors than anyone)

-I love watching OU lose at any time at anything.

-OU's national relevance is trending slightly downward (If it were a stock I think the ratings would be Neutral and Sell)

-Big 12 offenses werent as talented as a year ago, defenses looked better - most of the improvement was due to drop off offensively.

-OU is on a different level than the SEC elite and in my opinion it's more likely that the rest of the conference catches them than they catch that group.

-I prefer OSU fans over WVU fans or OU fans. (I'd probably prefer a punch to the head to spending time around mouth breathing OU fans - such as you see here)