OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2007
Woodland Park, Colorado
Enjoy their demise and celebrate it. OU is our rival and when they lose its a good day. I don't give 2 sh**s about conference- I live and work around the most obnoxious fans in the country being in Oklahoma around OU fans. I will be happy when they are humiliated. I would be glad to see OSU surpass them but will celebrate their failures in anything. I also hope to see Baylor get humiliated. Both are programs and fanbases I have no respect for.
I love the fact you just spoke the absolute truth about the situation. I have felt this way since I was a child in grade school.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I disagree. If Wallace and Hubbard come back (and stay healthy) along with a healthy Sanders we win at least 10 and the offense won't be boring.
And if we're quote Merle "If you don't love it...."
Actually, stay. I just wanted to match Merle lyrics.
Well, I think I'm going to have move up to Willie and find some version of an orange "Whiskey River" to get to excited about next season. However, it was nice to see LSU to bring some "Good Old Fashioned Karma" on the goons last night

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Well, I think I'm going to have move up to Willie and find some version of an orange "Whiskey River" to get to excited about next season. However, it was nice to see LSU to bring some "Good Old Fashioned Karma" on the goons last night
If Wallace and Hubbard come back, I don’t see how you could argue against OSU being conference preseason number 2. If they don’t, then I’m expecting more of the same of the last two years

Sep 9, 2013
Tier 1.

Bama, Clemson, LSU

Tier 2

UGA. Ohio State,

Tier 3

Auburn, Notre Dame , Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, FSU, Washington

Tier 4(has beens)

Texas, Nebraska, Miami, Tenn. Arkansas, Army

tier 5. Never beens, but think they are

Aggies

Dec 6, 2013
Tier 1.

Bama, Clemson, LSU

Tier 2

UGA. Ohio State,

Tier 3

Auburn, Notre Dame , Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, FSU, Washington

Tier 4(has beens)

Texas, Nebraska, Miami, Tenn. Arkansas, Army

tier 5. Never beens, but think they are

Aggies
And still the Cowboys don't make it...

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Stupid thread is stupid. I'll spare myself reading the whole stupid thing but we are talking about a team that made the football final four for the third year in a row this year and has had more Heisman winners in the past 3 years than we have in 110 years.

The Big 12 is being exposed this year for being as bad as we have been said to be for years, so OU was the tallest midget in the conference, but OU is still the definition of blue blood.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I hate OU more than I like OSU but they are most certainly a blue blood and probably a top 5 all time program.

This thread is big time little brother crap.
Couple of things though...saying that you hate OU more than you like OSU is a huge little brother statement that confirms the stereotype that OU fans have about OSU fans. And, this whole damn thread was started by Nolaeer. He's the one claiming OU is not a blue blood. Everyone else is just laughing at the hilarity of their annual bowl beatdown.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Just to clarify....this thread was merged with another thread after the OU bowl beatdown. There were 2 threads going on during that game. Post #33 by Nolaeer was the original post for the "OU is not a blueblood" thread. With the merge, it makes it look like briscoe started this thread. Very confusing way of merging threads, mods.

Sep 9, 2013
OU makes the playoffs because they dont play anyone ooc and the big 12 is down with wvu and tcu both in rebuild mode.

Once wvu and tcu regain top 15 form, OU's road to a big 12 title will be earned.

Also, if OU played the sec west and UGA and Gators from the east, they'd be lucky to have a winning record, and probably wouldnt.

They have elite skill players, but they are bad in the trenches. their center who everyone in the big 12 claims is "all that" has looked like he was on roller skates when he played LSU and bama. got to have the horses in the trenches if you want to be a good blue blood.

OU despite being in 3 cfp games(all of which they got smoked) did so on the backs of a conference with no other top 10 teams. OU should be schdulign bama, lsu, or auburn ooc, like Oregon and wvu did. Actually wvu had home and home with all 3 since 2000. it's a shame wvu has a tougher ooc schedule than OU, a supposed blue blood.

OU is by tradition a blue blood, but then again so is tenn and nebraska. Doesnt mean they are any good at playing football when matched up against top teams.

I do think OU being blown out repeatedly in bowls will help baylor, tcu, and TT keep more 4 stars home, which will be good for WVU's and Oklahoma State's chances to win a big 12 title.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OU makes the playoffs because they dont play anyone ooc and the big 12 is down with wvu and tcu both in rebuild mode.

Once wvu and tcu regain top 15 form, OU's road to a big 12 title will be earned.

Also, if OU played the sec west and UGA and Gators from the east, they'd be lucky to have a winning record, and probably wouldnt.

They have elite skill players, but they are bad in the trenches. their center who everyone in the big 12 claims is "all that" has looked like he was on roller skates when he played LSU and bama. got to have the horses in the trenches if you want to be a good blue blood.

OU despite being in 3 cfp games(all of which they got smoked) did so on the backs of a conference with no other top 10 teams. OU should be schdulign bama, lsu, or auburn ooc, like Oregon and wvu did. Actually wvu had home and home with all 3 since 2000. it's a shame wvu has a tougher ooc schedule than OU, a supposed blue blood.

OU is by tradition a blue blood, but then again so is tenn and nebraska. Doesnt mean they are any good at playing football when matched up against top teams.

I do think OU being blown out repeatedly in bowls will help baylor, tcu, and TT keep more 4 stars home, which will be good for WVU's and Oklahoma State's chances to win a big 12 title.
Don't make me stick up for OU, but there is so much wrong with this post. OU did have a home and home with Alabama and Oregon since 2000 not to mention Florida State and Ohio State. They do have LSU scheduled within the next decade. Along with Michigan and Georgia. Other than that, Nebraska and Tennessee. Their non conference scheduling is absolutely not something to knock them about.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

West Virginia has been in rebuild since Rich Rod left, apparently. Been pretty irrelevant since joining the Big 12.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Just to clarify....this thread was merged with another thread after the OU bowl beatdown. There were 2 threads going on during that game. Post #33 by Nolaeer was the original post for the "OU is not a blueblood" thread. With the merge, it makes it look like briscoe started this thread. Very confusing way of merging threads, mods.
Well I love OSU because I hate myself so there's that.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
This thread is hilarious. I pick on my brother non-stop, but no one else is allowed to. We all can’t stand OU, but don’t come in here trash talking a bunch on non-sense about them. That’s reserved for Cowboy fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
West Virginia has been in rebuild since Rich Rod left, apparently. Been pretty irrelevant since joining the Big 12.
Exactly. And that's bc WVU had a average at best head coach, except for this year. WVU now has a very good coach, maybe RROD good. Let's see where WVU is in 2021.

I dont think WVU and TCU get the respect they deserve. They beat power 5 conference champions many times. WVU ran Clemson(acc champs) and OU(big 12 champs) off the field. They beat the SEC champion UGA in the georgia dome for the Sugar Bowl(moved there bc Katrina).

WVU hasnt had a good coach since RROD left, and TCU sort of lost its identity a bit since it joined the big 12. I look for TCU to get back to the more traditional offense it had in the past, and I think both the newcomers will be forces to be reckoned with by 2021 and onwards. WVU's defense was actually quite good this year, and it returns everyone on the dline and at lb. Both starting safeties were true freshmen as was a corner.

OU may still win the big 12 in 2021, but if it does so it will be battle tested and shouldnt get run out of the stadium in a very similar way as Rutgers would have. Rutgers may have given LSU a better game, couldnt have done worse.

WVU had its best recruiting class ever and neal brown hasnt even been there a year. The future is bright for WVU and the Big 12, which should have representation shortly that can actually beat conference champions from the sec.

Kstate beat OU this year, and they are only going to get better.