OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Enjoy their demise and celebrate it. OU is our rival and when they lose its a good day. I don't give 2 sh**s about conference- I live and work around the most obnoxious fans in the country being in Oklahoma around OU fans. I will be happy when they are humiliated. I would be glad to see OSU surpass them but will celebrate their failures in anything. I also hope to see Baylor get humiliated. Both are programs and fanbases I have no respect for.
Dilly Dilly

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Enjoy their demise and celebrate it. OU is our rival and when they lose its a good day. I don't give 2 sh**s about conference- I live and work around the most obnoxious fans in the country being in Oklahoma around OU fans. I will be happy when they are humiliated. I would be glad to see OSU surpass them but will celebrate their failures in anything. I also hope to see Baylor get humiliated. Both are programs and fanbases I have no respect for.
Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.

Nov 14, 2010
I like the way you think

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Fair enough
This just shows me how far off OSU is. OU is being exposed as maybe a top 15 team at best, and we got steam rolled on our home field.
No. Osu played OU without our starting QB and top 5 we in country Tylan Wallace. It would have been a dogfight in bedlam with those guys. To be fair OU was down 3 defensive starters but LSU it kinda snowballed on them without starting safeties. Big 12 was a little down this year.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
We may have been separated at birth.

Dec 6, 2013
Welp, pretty much like everyone said, OU doesn't belong on the same field as the other 3 teams. OU then tried to play up the no respect/chip on their shoulder card, then proceeds to embarrass themselves. The big 12 was a shtshow this year. This team is the cream of the crop?
True they don't, but since we couldn't even compete with OU this year, this isn't an encouraging sign for our status among college football at large.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If anyone works with impossible OU tshirt fans, you might want to direct conversations toward the fact that OU now has their longest title drought since they won their first in 1950.
How many bowl games have they lost this decade?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Welp, pretty much like everyone said, OU doesn't belong on the same field as the other 3 teams. OU then tried to play up the no respect/chip on their shoulder card, then proceeds to embarrass themselves. The big 12 was a shtshow this year. This team is the cream of the crop?
True they don't, but since we couldn't even compete with OU this year, this isn't an encouraging sign for our status among college football at large.
With Spencer and Wallace it would've been a very close loss or maybe a win for us. At full strength we weren't as bad as the game turned out to be.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
That's because OU fans guzzle that Oklahoma sports media Kool aid every year. Next year will be no different. Everybody will be telling them how great the team looks and how the QB should win the Heisman.
Lol! Sorry man but that’s us too. ...
Dude, we haven't cornered the market on the Kool Aid. EVERY team's fans at the end of the season look forward to next year and at the beginning of the season are thinking we're better this year. It's what FANS do. Then of course there are the perpetual whiners! Very few people can look objectively at their favorite program.

OU will be back to trash talking the rest of the conference and hyping their QB for the Heisman.

We'll be hyping Hubbard for Heisman, if he returns, and we'll be saying we're in the hunt for the conference title and it we go undefeated we should be in the CFP.

Texas will be back, again.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Dude, we haven't cornered the market on the Kool Aid. EVERY team's fans at the end of the season look forward to next year and at the beginning of the season are thinking we're better this year. It's what FANS do. Then of course there are the perpetual whiners! Very few people can look objectively at their favorite program.

OU will be back to trash talking the rest of the conference and hyping their QB for the Heisman.

We'll be hyping Hubbard for Heisman, if he returns, and we'll be saying we're in the hunt for the conference title and it we go undefeated we should be in the CFP.

Texas will be back, again.
Sorry guys, but it's going to have to be stronger than orange kool-aid to get me excited about our pedestrian and boring offense even if Hubbard and Wallace come back. Our teams prospects are 7 wins to 9 wins with them, 6 to 8 wins without them. It's our new normal, as Merle Haggard once said "we are rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell" and the hell is average to less than average except for our head coach's salary

Nov 6, 2010
With Spencer and Wallace it would've been a very close loss or maybe a win for us. At full strength we weren't as bad as the game turned out to be.

Man you guys must have watched a different game than I did. I think we could have had Wallace, James Washington, and Justin Blackmon and still not been able to stop their run game.

Jan 14, 2006
Sorry guys, but it's going to have to be stronger than orange kool-aid to get me excited about our pedestrian and boring offense even if Hubbard and Wallace come back. Our teams prospects are 7 wins to 9 wins with them, 6 to 8 wins without them. It's our new normal, as Merle Haggard once said "we are rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell" and the hell is average to less than average except for our head coach's salary
I disagree. If Wallace and Hubbard come back (and stay healthy) along with a healthy Sanders we win at least 10 and the offense won't be boring.
And if we're quote Merle "If you don't love it...."
Actually, stay. I just wanted to match Merle lyrics.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Man you guys must have watched a different game than I did. I think we could have had Wallace, James Washington, and Justin Blackmon and still not been able to stop their run game.
We would've been close or leading in the game and I think that would have forced them to throw more to hurry up and that means errors by them as in previous games this year.