OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I'd say it's more the big 12 is crappy as everyone says it is. Big 12 fans try to deny it, but it's true. OU ain't stepping backward in this conference. They'll continue to dominate then get embarrassed in their bowl. Same story different year.
I think it’s more about UOs strategy. Their goal is to make it to the CFP every year. Which they do. BUT... it’s at the expense of road experience. Look at their schedule every season. With the Texas game as it is. They only have one or two real games away from their home field. With their dominance over the rest of the league, there’s only one, sometimes two tricky road games. So when they get into a real battle with another conference champ, they have zero experience at battling back. It’s a weak theory I admit, but I got no other reason for such weak bowl game performances out of these guys. Maybe they buy into all the hype the media gives them?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I think it’s more about UOs strategy. Their goal is to make it to the CFP every year. Which they do. BUT... it’s at the expense of road experience. Look at their schedule every season. With the Texas game as it is. They only have one or two real games away from their home field. With their dominance over the rest of the league, there’s only one, sometimes two tricky road games. So when they get into a real battle with another conference champ, they have zero experience at battling back. It’s a weak theory I admit, but I got no other reason for such weak bowl game performances out of these guys. Maybe they buy into all the hype the media gives them?
This has finally got to start hurting them with the CFP committee. If it ends up being between OU and another team for the 4th spot next year (which I guarantee it will) the committee will finally have to say...….

1577576678290.png

Aug 31, 2013
I told a guy I work with who is hardcore OU fan that they would get embarrassed by LSU. He thought I was crazy. I gave him a list of 5 teams that were better than OU that should have the 4 spot and of course that was heresy to him. Looks like I was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
I told a guy I work with who is hardcore OU fan that they would get embarrassed by LSU. He thought I was crazy. I gave him a list of 5 teams that were better than OU that should have the 4 spot and of course that was heresy to him. Looks like I was right.

OU isn’t as good as they have been in past seasons, but to be fair LSU would steamroll anyone. They good.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

That's because OU fans guzzle that Oklahoma sports media Kool aid every year. Next year will be no different. Everybody will be telling them how great the team looks and how the QB should win the Heisman.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
49-14 at the half.
Last year it was 28-7 down in 1st quarter.

It's sickening they are the best team the Big 12 has to offer. Hopefully OU gets overtaken soon. They are soft, and have always been soft.

They've always quit when punched in the mouth. That why kstate gets them with 3 star talent. Id say OU days are numbered as Big 12 champ.
Tell your Mountaineers to recruit better and to stop embarrassing the conference. I persoballyhoos don’t think WVU are embarrassing, but given the harshness of your uninvited post, you must be completely mortified by your lousy 2019 squad. <smh>

Feb 8, 2014
Weatherford, OK
Two things
LSU is really good...like OSU 2011 good.
OU is bad in big bowls...and this isn't new.
2011 OSU good? You mean the same team that lost to Iowa State and had to have a Stanford kicker miss 3 easy field goals to win in OT? We were good that year but this LSU team is on another level. They’ve now beat 6 top 10 teams. The LSU team I watched play tonight wouldn’t lose to Iowa state. And don’t blame it on the plane crash because this is the most apples to apples comparison one could possibly make.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
2011 OSU good? You mean the same team that lost to Iowa State and had to have a Stanford kicker miss 3 easy field goals to win in OT? We were good that year but this LSU team is on another level. They’ve now beat 6 top 10 teams. The LSU team I watched play tonight wouldn’t lose to Iowa state. And don’t blame it on the plane crash because this is the most apples to apples comparison one could possibly make.
It's Rack. Dude wears orange pop bottle glasses.

Sep 9, 2013
Tell your Mountaineers to recruit better and to stop embarrassing the conference. I persoballyhoos don’t think WVU are embarrassing, but given the harshness of your uninvited post, you must be completely mortified by your lousy 2019 squad. <smh>
I am embarrassed WVU lost to OU. WVU has been a tough blue collar physical program over the course of most of its history. DH installed the air raid and WVU got soft.

WVU will improve next year, and by 2021 will hopefully stomp OU like they did most of the time before WVU hired DH.

OU's days at the top of the Big 12 are going to end, just like Cornhuskers' dreams, just not a free-fall.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
That's because OU fans guzzle that Oklahoma sports media Kool aid every year. Next year will be no different. Everybody will be telling them how great the team looks and how the QB should win the Heisman.
Lol! Sorry man but that’s us too. If Chuba comes back our fans will award him the Heisman on Labor Day, Gundy has already trottted out his our future is exciting speech, college football will roll along like it always does. We will expect to contend for the conference title and will demand Gundy’s mullet if we don’t get there. Some things just never change.