OU fakes data to gain higher academic ranking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
I think Joe Mixon’s co-Ed boxing trophy is in that closet too.
I believe it is sitting between Broyle's petroleum confiscation trophy and Bomar's perfect attendance trophy from Big Red. Cheater u just has a knack for finding these diamonds in the rough.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I believe it is sitting between Broyle's petroleum confiscation trophy and Bomar's perfect attendance trophy from Big Red. Cheater u just has a knack for finding these diamonds in the rough.
You missed SAE's politically incorrect glee club trophy

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
(CNN)The company that makes the annual Best Colleges rankings said that the University of Oklahoma gave "inflated" data on its alumni giving rates for two decades.

U.S. News & World Report, which produces the coveted Best Colleges rankings, said Oklahoma would be listed as unranked in its 2019 edition because of the false data, which stretched back to 1999.
For the 2019 Best Colleges rankings, the university originally said its two-year alumni giving rate was 14% but later informed U.S. News that the correct number is 9.7%, the magazine said.
The false data affected Oklahoma's placement in the national universities, best value schools, top public schools, best colleges for veterans and A-plus schools for B students rankings and lists, U.S. News said.
This is like cheating on your Federal Income Tax return for nine consecutive years. It hurts us all Oklahomans not just OU graduates who have their degrees cheapened. When outsiders think of OU...they think of how OU
created.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This is like cheating on your Federal Income Tax return for nine consecutive years. It hurts us all Oklahomans not just OU graduates who have their degrees cheapened. When outsiders think of OU...they think of how OU
created.
Meh. Oklahoma already has a bad enough reputation. If OU is hurt, it's just good for the OSU fan and I'm 100% ok with that.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Meh. Oklahoma already has a bad enough reputation. If OU is hurt, it's just good for the OSU fan and I'm 100% ok with that.
ya, this state is already a shit hole. whether ou is 50th or 350th in the country ain't gonna change that. all it does is hurt the goons. couple the blatant lying w/ the rampant racism on campus and the sexual escapades of their sexual harassing, gay, ex-president and they've got themselves a bonafide shit show. should be fun!

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I don't wish anything bad on anyone. There are some good folks at OU and the problem has been the administration who knowing lied over a period of nine years. OU has had bad leadership.