Osu vs WSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Should have won this game. Walks and failure to get guys in from third with 1 out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Kroon down looking after getting ahead 3-1. A game the Pokes easily could have won. Not tragic, a road loss at RPI #6, but a missed opportunity.

I know that most college baseball coaches do this, but I've never liked the idea of just hoping that lesser used guys win the game for you in the mid-week...or just throwing out a guy to "see what he'll do" in April. That's what the early season is for. We know what we've got now.

Oh well. Hopefully we can get one in at KSU.

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
Lineups looking a lot more imposing. Need Funk to hit along with his walks and get Kroon out of his bad slump and it’s looking a lot more solid top to bottom than it has in awhile.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Bad loss tonight from the boys. Lost 7-5 to WSU. Not a bad loss because WSU is a bad team, they aren't, but bad loss because of all the free baseball we gave them tonight. We also struck out way too much again tonight. We lost this game because of the dumbest move that Walton has made all year long. With the game tied at 5, in the bottom of the 7th, he brings in a pitcher that has had only one inning of work all year. Now granted he got the first two batters out but he made a bad pitch to a good hitter late in the at bat for a two run homer. That proved to be the difference. Then Rob brings in Reza A. when he should have just put him out there to start the inning. No disrespect to the kid and his family, if they are on here, but that was just a really dumb and curious move. It cost us this game. You have to continue to win games at this point in the season and not experiment, especially against top 25 teams. I don't know why Josh is toying with the defense either. My lineup would be this:

3B Neustifter
SS Kroon
2B Cash
1B Rosa/DeSimone
LF Littel
CF Boone
RF McCusker
C Simpson
DH Taylor

This lineup proved to have power and had great at bats against TCU. Just not really understanding Dobbs and Funk playing. At catcher, Simpson looked good tonight as he threw out two guys trying to steal. Need to get back on track against a good KSU team this weekend. Guys are now 15-11, 4-2 in conference.

Dec 21, 2008
We constantly get ahead in the count watch a fastball down the middle take a second strike then guess on the final pitch. Pretty easy to pitch to our team. Very few aggressive hitters and the ones that swing away chase sooo bad. Looks like a complete guessing game up there

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
We constantly get ahead in the count watch a fastball down the middle take a second strike then guess on the final pitch. Pretty easy to pitch to our team. Very few aggressive hitters and the ones that swing away chase sooo bad. Looks like a complete guessing game up there
What's frustrating is you can clearly see that the book on us is to bury a curve/slider in the dirt when we have two strikes against us. I'd guess that 6 or 7 of the strikeouts were on the same pitch.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
What's frustrating is you can clearly see that the book on us is to bury a curve/slider in the dirt when we have two strikes against us. I'd guess that 6 or 7 of the strikeouts were on the same pitch.
That's kind of the book on any hitter at 0-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Oklahoma State

Record: 15-11-1, 4-2 Big 12

Looking ahead: Oklahoma State’s schedule was changed due to a forecast of inclement weather at Kansas State. The series opens at 2 p.m. Saturday, with games at 2 p.m. Sunday and 1 p.m. Monday. Wichita State visits OSU at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

Looking back: Oklahoma State swept TCU in Stillwater before dropping a mid-week game at Wichita State.
Link