OSU vs St Louis Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Does anyone know why Mathis was able to play immediately after transferring from LSU after last year? He played in like 50 games over there. I’m just curious
I never heard the specifics but assumed he either wasn't on scholarship or very limited partial. He wasn't projected to be a starter for LSU but injuries put him behind the plate for 40 games where he batted .167 with 3 HRs. He already has 3 HRs with the Cowboys through the 12 games he's played in.

Question: Does baseball still have something like 11 or 12 scholarship equivalencies to divvy up?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I never heard the specifics but assumed he either wasn't on scholarship or very limited partial. He wasn't projected to be a starter for LSU but injuries put him behind the plate for 40 games where he batted .167 with 3 HRs. He already has 3 HRs with the Cowboys through the 12 games he's played in.

Question: Does baseball still have something like 11 or 12 scholarship equivalencies to divvy up?
11.7. It’s mind boggling.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Game 2

Pokes up 4-1 top 4

CJ Varela has pitched pretty well, but just allowed a run on an errant pickoff attempt. Billikens have 1st and 3rd, one out.

Campbell and Trenkle each have 2 RBI so far.