OSU vs OSU trip

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Don’t discount Mount Saint Helens either. It is phenomenal. It’s a pretty safe reminder how incredibly destructive Mother Nature can be. And it’s beautiful. It’s probably a two hour drive north of Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2019
Gresham, or
A little tidbit from a beaver fan. If it is a clear day and you are in the Columbia gorge area take the short 14 mile drive to the top of larch mountain. A parking lot and a short walk to a viewpoint awaits you. From the viewpoint you can see mt Jefferson, mt hood, mt Adams, Mt st. Helens, and Mt rainier. To you flatlanders there are no cliffs, etc... On the drive to the viewpoint. If in the area check out mcmenamins Edgefield in Troutdale. A former poor farm that has been renovated to a brewery, winery, distillery, restaurants, and a hotel along with beautiful grounds.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2007
A little tidbit from a beaver fan. If it is a clear day and you are in the Columbia gorge area take the short 14 mile drive to the top of larch mountain. A parking lot and a short walk to a viewpoint awaits you. From the viewpoint you can see mt Jefferson, mt hood, mt Adams, Mt st. Helens, and Mt rainier. To you flatlanders there are no cliffs, etc... On the drive to the viewpoint. If in the area check out mcmenamins Edgefield in Troutdale. A former poor farm that has been renovated to a brewery, winery, distillery, restaurants, and a hotel along with beautiful grounds.
We plan on doing that.

Nov 29, 2011
Springfield, OR
Thanks for the tip Beaverfever! I did not know about the Larch Mountain drive.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Ahhh if weather reports area corrects..........the OK heatwave will visit OR when we are going to the game and the OR cool weather will be in the OKC/Edmond/Stilly area.......Go figure. At least still shows on OR low temps @ night.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
The latest update ahead of the road game to Oregon State from Frank Bonner II...

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State is almost one week away from starting the season at Oregon State on Aug. 30, which means training camp is nearly over.

When Cowboys coach Mike Gundy spoke to the media ahead of training camp at Big 12 Media Days, he claimed he was heading into this season with more excitement than he has had in a long time. He also shared that implementing more discipline into his players was a major priority.

The commitment to discipline was shown on the first day of fall camp when the entire coaching staff stepped on the practice field wearing shirts with the slogan “Win with Discipline” printed on them. The staff has continued to wear variations of these shirts.

“We look at the things that hurt us last year,” Gundy said. “We were out of position. We missed assignments on both sides of the ball. Penalties, 15-yard penalties. Those things really hurt our football team last year, and we’re stressing improvement in those areas.”

Nov 29, 2011
Springfield, OR
Any set location for a pre-game bar near campus for traveling Pokes ?
If there is not one Block 15 is awesome (but always busy). This place makes my #1 beer of all time, Nebula. Sky High looks great with that rooftop bar area but I've never been there since it was under construction when I lived there. If not a single poke shows up you'll be happy regardless at Block 15 unless it's too busy. All these places are walking distance in the quaint Corvallis downtown. The walk to Reser from there I'd say 20-30 minutes.

Jul 8, 2004
Beaverton, OR
There is a new bar in town called the "Angry Beaver Grill" (no joke) that is about a block off the main drag in the Corvallis Downtown area. I went there before one of our baseball games in May.

This bar is located about 2-3 blocks from Block 15 if you want to check out both.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Great trip so far and Pokes did their job at wonderful little bizarro OSU. Nice people and it’s truly the osu of the west coast. Great time with them and I’m excited about spencer and the O and a little worried about the defense....but they did improve when needed.

cw011820

Greenhorn
Mar 12, 2018
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Great trip so far and Pokes did their job at wonderful little bizarro OSU. Nice people and it’s truly the osu of the west coast. Great time with them and I’m excited about spencer and the O and a little worried about the defense....but they did improve when needed.
Wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have recommended visiting Yachats on the coast. It's a little town south of Newport. I've worked pretty extensively from Yachats up to Tillamook doing endangered species surveys. It's a nice stretch but definitely busy on Labor Day weekend.

Was at the game, but went neutrally dressed as I was with Oregon State alumns. Plus, I don't have any OK State attire with me out here.

Nov 6, 2010
Another thanks for the Larch Mountain tip. I had never heard of it and would have driven right past if not for you, so thanks again for that. One of the highlights of our trip!

Aug 16, 2012
Was going to post a couple pics of the Beaver facilities just so others can see what we have vs. the Beavers but need to resize them first. Instead, will start with this one. Did not introduce myself so have no idea who these great Cowboy fans are, but their little girl was absolutely adorable and lets us all know future Cowboy generations are in good hands.
1844.jpeg

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have recommended visiting Yachats on the coast. It's a little town south of Newport. I've worked pretty extensively from Yachats up to Tillamook doing endangered species surveys. It's a nice stretch but definitely busy on Labor Day weekend.

Was at the game, but went neutrally dressed as I was with Oregon State alumns. Plus, I don't have any OK State attire with me out here.
We stayed at Fireside Motel in Yachats and you are right, it's a nice area. We loved the areas south of Yachats for hiking and it's was far less busy and much more beautiful as well than the coastal areas to the north of there. Just got back in Tulsa from a great but exhausting NW adventure. OSU hosted us very well and all the people were great to us...only one weird thing was that they rerouted one of the roads i needed to one way the wrong way on my way out of town and it caused me much confusion and a little frustration as I could not go with any of the directions my phone was giving me until they let that go back to two ways...took about an extra hour. I think it's a classic example of a city overmanaging post game traffic...so glad they don't do that in Stillwater. But, overall, an outstanding journey.

Nov 6, 2010
We stayed at Fireside Motel in Yachats and you are right, it's a nice area. We loved the areas south of Yachats for hiking and it's was far less busy and much more beautiful as well than the coastal areas to the north of there. Just got back in Tulsa from a great but exhausting NW adventure. OSU hosted us very well and all the people were great to us...only one weird thing was that they rerouted one of the roads i needed to one way the wrong way on my way out of town and it caused me much confusion and a little frustration as I could not go with any of the directions my phone was giving me until they let that go back to two ways...took about an extra hour. I think it's a classic example of a city overmanaging post game traffic...so glad they don't do that in Stillwater. But, overall, an outstanding journey.

Same thing happened to everyone in our group while trying to get out of town. They really aren't equipped to handle crowds in the concession department either, took way too long to get anything. Like you said though, amazing trip and great road destination.