OSU vs OSU trip

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 17, 2019
Gresham, or
As a Beaver just to let you oksu fans know there will be few people on campus as school doesn't even start until September 25. The normal marching band won't be there possibly an alumni band. And as a season ticket holder expect a small crowd as we have stunk the place up since Gary Andersen became the head coach. Smith will turn things around but will take at least another year. That saying this game will be tougher than many of you think.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
As a Beaver just to let you oksu fans know there will be few people on campus as school doesn't even start until September 25. The normal marching band won't be there possibly an alumni band. And as a season ticket holder expect a small crowd as we have stunk the place up since Gary Andersen became the head coach. Smith will turn things around but will take at least another year. That saying this game will be tougher than many of you think.
Programs go through ups and downs, it happens.

Most of us are still confused by the strange season we had last year, beating good teams and losing to very average teams. We've been conditioned to expect our offense to score early and often, but our defense to allow it to stay interesting.

Feb 15, 2007
Any advice/tips on the parking situation on game day?

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
First games are always tough...we could certainly lose if we aren't "on point." I look forward to seeing your campus and city regardless of the lack of students...have heard good things. Btw, thanks for posting on the orangepower board. Beavers are certainly welcome.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Actually a pretty good deal, except no note of parking. As we know that is the real deal breaker, if parking was included fine. And, this also means we are giving up the West Watkins center (partial) to their alumni that come to oSu.
Way Back, Birdwell did this on at least one uo game and included parking in the lot reserved for Posse parking - not sure the name was Watkins at the time. No notification to Posse members. So pissed off I walked into that center and confronted him about his lack of respect for oSu Posse members. He had all the pro uo legislatures & their spoiled kids in the center. Told him we were not big time donors but we were the life blood of the programs and his action of closing out Posse donors to accommodate the political mass was reprehensible He was speechless...as he should have been
I hate to disagree but this is not a "good deal." We are actually going to the oregon state version of same with a beaver alum and I think it's $25 a person.

agec

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 7, 2004
Mulhall
Going with 3 others. Flying into Portland this Friday and going to spend a week heading south along the coast until we get to the Giant Redwoods in California. Then will head back to Corvallis for the game. Where is everyone sitting? We will be in section 13 row 46.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'll be in row 1 seat 1 of the sofa yard line......

Yeah traveling to games is not in my wallet capability.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
Going with 3 others. Flying into Portland this Friday and going to spend a week heading south along the coast until we get to the Giant Redwoods in California. Then will head back to Corvallis for the game. Where is everyone sitting? We will be in section 13 row 46.
Per terms of my attending, I have to sit with my Beaver bretheren during this game and they sit with me next year in the OSU sections. I am in 119, row 33. Meh seats, but they will do.

Nov 6, 2010
Septermber 25th!!! Wow!!

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I went to the Oregon coast last summer. Cannon Beach is super touristy but might be better that time of the year. We stayed in Seaside and I would recommend that to anyone. There’s a condo called Tradewinds that overlooks the Pacific and is very nicely priced. Each of the units are individually owned so they’re very well taken care of. Try to get a second story room as it’s a better ocean view. I doubt you’ll be able to see the ocean above the dunes from the first floor. You can hear the ocean from the room too and it’s on the quiet end of the promenade.

Grizzly Tuna fish and chips is a great lunch spot. That’s literally all they serve. It’s a drive up food hut that serves albacore fish and chips. It’s amazing.

I’d recommend taking a beach walk at Haystack Rock and checking out the tide pools there. That’s awesome if you’ve never done it. Also Hug Point which is south of Cannon Beach has lots of great caves to explore and is best seen at low tide. Didn’t really find many good beach combing locations, but being as it’s offseason you should be able to get some good shells or sand dollars as long as you can beat the gulls to them.

That water is cold as balls, so don’t consider swimming an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Tillamook is a tourist trap and honestly isn’t worth it IMHO. They did do a remodel though so it might be better. But there’s so much beauty to see in that part of the world, why get stuck in a factory? Drive two hours south (you’ll pass Tillamook) to Depoe Bay and go whale watching. The grey whales should still be there. We took a five person zodiac out into 8-10 foot swells and followed gray whales around the coast for 75 minutes. Amazing amazing amazing experience.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Anyone going? I'm attempting to put together a trip but need advice. It is likely that we will arrive at around midnight on Thursday in Portland and have to return very early in the AM on Monday.

We would plan on Staying in Portland on Thursday night being that its so late and then driving to Corvallis in the am. We have never been to Oregon and we would like to go to the coast at least for part of the short trip, however, don't want to spend a ton of time driving. I'm hoping someone with Oregon experience can give us advice on where to stay and go to have an enjoyable trip even with a shorter time period than we would like (i.e. four nights).

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas.

Go Pokes! Damn the Beavers!
That would leave you Saturday and Sunday to then go see the other more interior scenery such as the Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake, Multnoma Falls, or a hundred other amazing places just depending on what you want to see. One thing to consider though, Multnoma Falls in particular and I'm sure most of the popular areas are pretty crowded on weekends, so Saturday and Sunday be prepared for that.
Latourell Falls was my personal favorite out of the ones there. It was almost like being in a rain forest. Not sure how much of the Historic Highway is open, when we went last year it was closed just past Bridal Veil Falls. Multnomah is a well oiled machine though. It’s easy to get in and get out no matter how busy it is.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Thanks man, I've been looking for lodging and it is pretty booked up but airbnb's are available all around. I'm not sure about making it all the way down to Crater Lake (although it's very high on my bucket list) that's a bit of a roadie from up north in the state and with only four nights and one of those filled with game day activities...just not enough time to enjoy other areas. I'm hopeful that some of our opponents fans are on the site and can give me some insight on places to stay not too far from Corvallis toward the coast or between them and Portland. I love the recommendation on the drive down the coast on Friday, hadn't thought we would do that until after the game..maybe Saturday/Sunday.
We found a VRBO cabin in Philomath, just west of Corvalis. Friends are staying in Newport. Crater Lake is amazing, but lots of other stuff there is too. I enjoyed just driving along the Umpqua river and stopping whenever we saw something cool to look at. Another tip, a lot of people seem to like Astoria for some reason, but I would skip it if I were you. I saw nothing that interesting about it, especially compared to all the other amazing scenery in that state.
Astoria was neat to pass through. That bridge going over the Columbia River was an amazing drive. Cape Disappointment is on the Washington side of that bridge and it’s got some very cool trails to walk, a lighthouse, and amazing panoramic views of the river and the Pacific. As a whole though, I agree, Astoria can be skipped.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The Wreck of the Peter Iredale can be skipped if you’re pressed for time. Nothing really worth going out of your way for. Ever seen rusty stuff sticking out of sand? There ya go. You’ve seen it.

Nov 6, 2010
Latourell Falls was my personal favorite out of the ones there. It was almost like being in a rain forest. Not sure how much of the Historic Highway is open, when we went last year it was closed just past Bridal Veil Falls. Multnomah is a well oiled machine though. It’s easy to get in and get out no matter how busy it is.

Is Latourell the one where you had to walk about a mile loop up into the woods to see it?? We saw several when we were there, but I don't remember which was which. I remember some nice views of the Columbia from that trail though.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Is Latourell the one where you had to walk about a mile loop up into the woods to see it?? We saw several when we were there, but I don't remember which was which. I remember some nice views of the Columbia from that trail though.
Latourell was maybe a 1/4 mile to the falls itself. It had a bigger loop that went on the other side of the highway but we didn’t go there.

I think you’re talking about Bridal Veil. It had a loop that sidewinded down almost a mile. It was hidden and out of the way a little. You couldn’t see it from the road at all like you could Latourell.

Nov 6, 2010
Yea, we went to both. I don't remember seeing Latourell from the road but I definitely remember bridal veil because my son and I caught critters at the base of that one. As Okies, we try to catch a crawdad at every place we visit, and did so there, as well as on the Umpqua. I've got pics, but can't seem to post for some reason.