OSU vs OSU trip

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 29, 2011
Springfield, OR
So, I've made a few changes based on the responses here and on another site. Special thanks to local folks like PokefanWes (hope you can figure out a sitter/grandparents/inlaws and make the game if you so desire) and others. It's really cool Pokes helping Pokes have a nice visit. I'm so thankful that other Oklahoma State fans are willing to give advice so folks like me and my spose can have a nice trip. I'm really excited to visit the other OSU as I've always been fascinated by fellow land-grant schools, we are similar yet very different based on our geography.

So thankful! Go Pokes!!
Anytime! Hopefully we can make the game. I wasn't able to get to the baseball series and it's been at least 30 years since I've seen Cowboys play in person. If anyone is staying in Eugene/Springfield feel free to stop by. We have some pretty cool views from our neighborhood. Consider us Cowboy base camp Oregon. I'll provide tea and Oregon beer. Little kid Cowboys are welcome too! Our address is 6715 Ivy St in Springfield. Can't wait for Cowboys to descend upon Oregon. Go Pokes!!!

Aug 16, 2012
So, I've made a few changes based on the responses here and on another site. Special thanks to local folks like PokefanWes (hope you can figure out a sitter/grandparents/inlaws and make the game if you so desire) and others. It's really cool Pokes helping Pokes have a nice visit. I'm so thankful that other Oklahoma State fans are willing to give advice so folks like me and my spose can have a nice trip. I'm really excited to visit the other OSU as I've always been fascinated by fellow land-grant schools, we are similar yet very different based on our geography.

So thankful! Go Pokes!!
Wife mentioned this thread to her mother just a few minutes ago. MIL informed us they have recently widened or otherwise modified 20 between Philomath/Corvallis and Newport that takes out several of the more precarious areas. Good news for your journey.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Anytime! Hopefully we can make the game. I wasn't able to get to the baseball series and it's been at least 30 years since I've seen Cowboys play in person. If anyone is staying in Eugene/Springfield feel free to stop by. We have some pretty cool views from our neighborhood. Consider us Cowboy base camp Oregon. I'll provide tea and Oregon beer. Little kid Cowboys are welcome too! Our address is xxxxxxx in Springfield. Can't wait for Cowboys to descend upon Oregon. Go Pokes!!!
very nice of you to offer... but may I suggest that you edit out your address, and ask people to private message you for that information...... it is the Internet after all... just saying.....

Nov 29, 2011
Springfield, OR
very nice of you to offer... but may I suggest that you edit out your address, and ask people to private message you for that information...... it is the Internet after all... just saying.....
I took the risk. Any Cowboys going to or from the Cascades from town is driving by my house so this was my only realistic way to possibly meet some of our amazing traveling fan base. I also believe my fellow Cowboys fans to be relatively harmless. Could be wrong though!

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
I took the risk. Any Cowboys going to or from the Cascades from town is driving by my house so this was my only realistic way to possibly meet some of our amazing traveling fan base. I also believe my fellow Cowboys fans ro be relatively harmless. Could be wrong though!
We do have to get on an airplane just to get there, so you at least have that level of security going for you. That and the fact you have to be an Oregon resident the buy a gun in Oregon. You should be good:p

Sep 8, 2007
I'm still trying to plan this out and will probably just fly into Portland.

But for what it's worth: North Bend, Oregon and Arcata, California have airports that feature direct flights to Denver. Have seen some pretty good deals on Google Flights through those locations. Seattle has direct from OKC, via Alaska Airlines.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I took the risk. Any Cowboys going to or from the Cascades from town is driving by my house so this was my only realistic way to possibly meet some of our amazing traveling fan base. I also believe my fellow Cowboys fans to be relatively harmless. Could be wrong though!
But it's a public forum that is searchable through Google.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2011
Springfield, OR
I'm still trying to plan this out and will probably just fly into Portland.

But for what it's worth: North Bend, Oregon and Arcata, California have airports that feature direct flights to Denver. Have seen some pretty good deals on Google Flights through those locations. Seattle has direct from OKC, via Alaska Airlines.
Have you considered flying into Eugene? I'm pretty sure Denver hooks up there too. I've always flown out of PDX, and as I think I stated earlier, late at night into the early morning hours are the safest easy driving down the I-5 corridor. No traffic peaceful driving! During a weekend day I-5 can be hectic. Otherwise the easy button is Eugene.

Aug 16, 2012
REALLY small to non-existent Cowboy presence in Corvallis. Wife has recommended a few but will vet before offering up. Will also ask brother-in-law for recommendations if nobody comes up with one beforehand. I have never been to Reser so would not even know a spot in the stadium to link up around game time.

Feb 27, 2007
sacramento,ca
Aug 16, 2012
Got this back from B-I-L

"Pretty much anyplace will be over the top beaver fans but campus will be worse. I think our fans are pretty chill with exception of the drunk students and douchers. Downtown has some good options, skyhigh brewery is good and non-beaver affiliated."

Skyhigh was also recommended by my missus. I have been there a few times. A little bit "NW millennial", but always had a good time.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
That’s too expensive for my group as well. I was hoping for a good bar that everyone will be just hanging out at. Kinda like when we played at Arizona and OSU basically took over the whole bar of “Frog and Ferkin. It was really cool to see all the OSU fans in one place
Actually a pretty good deal, except no note of parking. As we know that is the real deal breaker, if parking was included fine. And, this also means we are giving up the West Watkins center (partial) to their alumni that come to oSu.
Way Back, Birdwell did this on at least one uo game and included parking in the lot reserved for Posse parking - not sure the name was Watkins at the time. No notification to Posse members. So pissed off I walked into that center and confronted him about his lack of respect for oSu Posse members. He had all the pro uo legislatures & their spoiled kids in the center. Told him we were not big time donors but we were the life blood of the programs and his action of closing out Posse donors to accommodate the political mass was reprehensible He was speechless...as he should have been

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Actually a pretty good deal, except no note of parking. As we know that is the real deal breaker, if parking was included fine. And, this also means we are giving up the West Watkins center (partial) to their alumni that come to oSu.
Way Back, Birdwell did this on at least one uo game and included parking in the lot reserved for Posse parking - not sure the name was Watkins at the time. No notification to Posse members. So pissed off I walked into that center and confronted him about his lack of respect for oSu Posse members. He had all the pro uo legislatures & their spoiled kids in the center. Told him we were not big time donors but we were the life blood of the programs and his action of closing out Posse donors to accommodate the political mass was reprehensible He was speechless...as he should have been
Yes, our small group of 4 will be traveling to the game.......

Aug 17, 2019
Gresham, or
Got this back from B-I-L

"Pretty much anyplace will be over the top beaver fans but campus will be worse. I think our fans are pretty chill with exception of the drunk students and douchers. Downtown has some good options, skyhigh brewery is good and non-beaver affiliated."

Skyhigh was also recommended by my missus. I have been there a few times. A little bit "NW millennial", but always had a good time.