OSU vs Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Dizzy has to make that open 3 to justify being on the floor. Can’t have him out there missing open shots like that at such a crucial point. The liability on the defensive side is just too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Y’all act like we have a veteran laden team. We play 4+ freshmen regularly. They have to learn the flow of the game, timing with each other, speed of opponents, gain confidence, translate their skillset into big 12 play etc. if we had 6-8 veterans with 2-3 freshmen that’d be a different story.

Our toughness gives us a chance every night but fundamentals and offensive sets will come within the next 3 yrs!
I don’t think expecting the basketball team to run an offense is too much regardless how many freshmen are on the team. We are not talking rocket science here.

Jun 25, 2011
Likele was wide open from 3. He should have shot that earlier. Gotta pull the trigger. If he hits we have a chance to win.
You can tell he has little confidence in his outside shot. He hesitates on any type of jump shot. He is way more comfortable driving the ball. Once he gets an outside shot he will be difficult to guard.

Jun 25, 2011
Dizzy has to make that open 3 to justify being on the floor. Can’t have him out there mission open shots like that at such a crucial point. The liability on the defensive side is just too much.

Dizzy played twice the minutes of Jones. Not sure why, but might need to switch the minutes there and get more athletic. Jones probably doesn't shoot the rock as well, but I would bet he plays better defense, can rebound better, and can get to the bucket more effectively than Dizzy. Any time Dizzy puts the ball on the floor I hold my breath. He did get two nice assists to McGriff tonight though.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Not sure how they can look pretty good in Orlando and then be as bad as they are. Probably should have played a little easier schedule and try and find some rhythm. Because clearly that tough schedule didn’t pay off.