OSU v Baylor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 6, 2011
Texas went to Omaha last year. The faithful are pissed at Pierce, and as a casual fan but longtime Shag/Surly member (different username than here), I sympathize with them but don’t think his seat is too hot just yet. But I can tell you their main beef is regression of players and overall team performance, the exact opposite problem we seem to have.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
If Texas Tech finishes the season at 15-9, they would have a .625 winning percentage. If Baylor finishes the season at 14-8, they would have a .636 winning percentage. So would Baylor take the outright title despite the fact they have fewer wins?
But they’re ahead in the loss column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Warren Nolen is predicting a sweep of Baylor and a jump over Georgia Tech and Louisville for a #7 RPI.
Georgia Tech lost their game so Warren Nolan real-time RPI now has us at #8. He predicts TTU winning tonight but remaining at #9 due to TCU being a quadrant 2 win.

Tennessee also dropped today's game so if he's right about TTU staying at #9, I don't see anyone sneaking up from below.

Stanford at #12 still has 1 game with Oregon State and a 3 game series with #32 Arizona State. That could get interesting next weekend but I don't see them getting higher than 10-12.

Last edited:

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Warren Nolen is predicting a sweep of Baylor and a jump over Georgia Tech and Louisville for a #7 RPI.
Georgia Tech lost their game so Warren Nolan real-time RPI now has us at #8. He predicts TTU winning tonight but remaining at #9 due to TCU being a quadrant 2 win..
That would be nice.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
If Texas Tech finishes the season at 15-9, they would have a .625 winning percentage. If Baylor finishes the season at 14-8, they would have a .636 winning percentage. So would Baylor take the outright title despite the fact they have fewer wins?
But they’re ahead in the loss column.

Which proves that they stand to benefit by not planning multiple conference games.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
To bad they didn’t keep the game time at 6:05 pm as it turned out to be a perfect evening and field would have drained by then.
If it would have been fine by then I bet they would have played. These guys have plenty of experience with delayed baseball games, rain, and that field in particular.

I'm no expert by any means. I'm quite the opposite. I'm just trusting in the expertise of others. They likely cancelled because they could tell the field would not be in playable condition anytime today.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
Texas Tech beat TCU tonight to claim the regular season title. So I guess cancelling the game today didn't matter that much.

We're red hot right now. Hopefully we'll carry this momentum into postseason play. The Big 12 tournament could be a lot of fun next week.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Texas Tech beat TCU tonight to claim the regular season title. So I guess cancelling the game today didn't matter that much.

We're red hot right now. Hopefully we'll carry this momentum into postseason play. The Big 12 tournament could be a lot of fun next week.
If played and we won, we'd be in second place by a half a game ahead of Baylor. Baylor had no motivation to play today, tech winning guaranteed them the regular season championship and if they lost Baylor would be champions. By not playing, Baylor's fate lay in tech's hands, our game today would only benefit us. That's what is disappointing about not getting it in.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
Our SOS is currently #1. That's pretty cool to see that and how successful we have been. Honestly our 3 cancelled games vs oral Robert's definitely helped

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well, since Tech won, cancelling didn't matter anyway, but still would have been nice to sweep Baylor to overtake then in the standings. I'd like to get a top 8 seed but if is Tech close to us AND the conference champ, I think the NCAA might give that consideration (and of course the NCAA always seems to screw us). I'd like to win the conference tourney and make it tough on them though.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Well, since Tech won, cancelling didn't matter anyway, but still would have been nice to sweep Baylor to overtake then in the standings. I'd like to get a top 8 seed but if is Tech close to us AND the conference champ, I think the NCAA might give that consideration (and of course the NCAA always seems to screw us). I'd like to win the conference tourney and make it tough on them though.
I don’t see why the big 12 couldn’t get 2 National seeds.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
NCAA has had a hard on for OSU for a long while:
Judge rules against NCAA; in favor of college baseball player

www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=3903336