OSU - TU Tailgating advice

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 13, 2009
Anyone have any advice as to the best place to tailgate for the TU game? Parking close would be great but I kinda assume that’s not going to happen. There any where I can’t setup? Can we setup the night before? Thanks in advance

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Parking at TU is terrible for the most part. They are wedged in amongst a bunch of residential neighborhoods so if you don't have access to any of the on campus parking you are pretty much SOL. There is/was a Prosperity Bank at about 15th & Harvard that you might get into if you show up real early. We have parked there before without incident but I don't know if they have changed any of their parking policies or if you will just have to maybe pay to get in the lot like some Stillwater businesses do.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Parking at TU is terrible for the most part. They are wedged in amongst a bunch of residential neighborhoods so if you don't have access to any of the on campus parking you are pretty much SOL. There is/was a Prosperity Bank at about 15th & Harvard that you might get into if you show up real early. We have parked there before without incident but I don't know if they have changed any of their parking policies or if you will just have to maybe pay to get in the lot like some Stillwater businesses do.
Most of the residents would sell you a parking spot. It’s been years since I went to a TU game though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
For a game that stars at 2:30, I don’t think so. And most banks have drive through open Saturday mornings.
The Prosperity Bank I referenced has an enormous parking lot as it is a 5 or 6 story building. I think it was the corporate office when it was F&M Bank back in the day. They even had a fancy corporate lunch room on one of the upper floors that I got to see when we got invited for lunch one time. It has been a long time so I don't know if they monitor it at all on game days or have gates now for off hours to keep people out.

Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I’d say that you might have a hard time parking. I usually park on a street in a nearby neighborhood but with the number of people at this game, that could be quite a walk. Lot space anywhere close to the stadium is pretty much reserved for season ticket holders. They usually don’t tailgate much but maybe it will be different with OSU in town. You could buy season tickets for $25 more than the OSU game and try to get a parking pass that way.

For tailgating, I’ve never set up a tent for a TU game. I just carry enough beers with me to drink them all before I go in and usually take them in the box I bought them in so as not to have to walk a mile back to the car to put the cooler away. Everyone pretty much just walks around the “new u” which is Chapman Commons. There is pretty limited shade as the trees lining the street aren’t very big yet and they won’t help much anyway with the sun position prior to this game. Overflow for this game might spill into Dietler Commons in front of the library. Both areas are very similar to Library Lawn at OSU. I’ve seen tents set up around the edges before but never very many. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to get a space since I’ve never tried.

There will be some fraternities that setup tent in front of their houses along 7th between the stadium and performance center, but that will obviously be TU students. I’ve been to a tailgate setup along 8th street before, there seems to be a few there every game. I think they limit the traffic along 8th between Delaware and Harvard to people with passes trying to get into lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk