OSU schedules 4 game series with Arkansas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Oklahoma State and Arkansas have met 46 times through the years. Both were members of the Southwest Conference from 1915-24, before OSU moved on to the Missouri Valley Conference.

The series lived on, however, as the two schools met as non-conference opponents 38 times in the next 56 years — including every season from 1962-80 — before the series came to a halt.
Link

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I mean the last 10 years have really been all about how college football only matters for the traditionally great programs.. Will the sport event exist for programs like OSU and Arkansas in 2033?

Aug 16, 2012
I mean the last 10 years have really been all about how college football only matters for the traditionally great programs.. Will the sport event exist for programs like OSU and Arkansas in 2033?
Yeah, not getting excited just yet. Too many things in play and these dates are too far off. Arky had some hand in taking Rice from our schedule the other day and it is too easy to cancel an agreement such as this.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I remember the years that the game was always in Little Rock in the bowl shaped stadium that seats 54,000. Those were the years that their stadium in Fayetteville had capacity of only 43,000.

I think we always played yearly there in Little Rock due to the large paycheck.

I would not be surprised if our game in Fayetteville in 2027 will be the first time we have played there.

BTW, Razorback stadium in Fayetteville now seats 76,000

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Well, I heard we had to sacrifice Rice for Montana State to get this game.

DAMN IT! I REALLY WANTED TO KICK THE SH*T OUT OF RICE!

I got served some bad rice at a Thai joint one night in Bangkok and it made a lasting impression on me -- an unforgivable one. Screw you, Thai Tanic!!
Since then I always order any different starch.

I hope it doesn't affect our recruiting of computer geeks in Houston.

What were we talking about?
Oh.....Arkansas. Yeah, right.
I'm down with it.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW

I got served some bad rice at a Thai joint one night in Bangkok and it made a lasting impression on me -- an unforgivable one. Screw you, Thai Tanic!!

I'm down with it.

Sep 22, 2018
Austin

I'm down with it.

Sep 22, 2018
Austin
My grandfather before he passed away told me when he was at tamu before he went to Korea they would chant "what comes out of a chinaman's ass, Rice Rice Rice

May 25, 2015
Arkansas
I remember the years that the game was always in Little Rock in the bowl shaped stadium that seats 54,000. Those were the years that their stadium in Fayetteville had capacity of only 43,000.

I think we always played yearly there in Little Rock due to the large paycheck.

I would not be surprised if our game in Fayetteville in 2027 will be the first time we have played there.

BTW, Razorback stadium in Fayetteville now seats 76,000
Yeah, pretty sure back then Razorback Stadium didn't have lights so we had to play all of our night games in Little Rock. I doubt we have any LR games period 10 years from now. A lot of fans don't like playing there anymore.

The recent renovation of the north end zone brought the capacity closer to 80,000 but we won't see that many unless we start winning more than we have been.

1566337507166.png

Mar 31, 2011
Yeah, pretty sure back then Razorback Stadium didn't have lights so we had to play all of our night games in Little Rock. I doubt we have any LR games period 10 years from now. A lot of fans don't like playing there anymore.

The recent renovation of the north end zone brought the capacity closer to 80,000 but we won't see that many unless we start winning more than we have been.

View attachment 72564
I went to Arkansas vs. Mississippi State last season. It just...wasn't fun at all. The stadium is bad, but the football played there is worse. I live in Bentonville so i'm really excited to get this matchup, and who knows where each team will be by the time the game finally rolls around; Gundy could be gone, Morris could be gone, etc. Regardless, hopefully the stadium renovations spark a little excitement and the team develops under Morris, because this could be a great rivalry.