OSU- Rogers st..

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Anderson looks good... Boone bros pretty exciting... If they can put it all together could compete this year... Maybe steal some wins...
There was inconsistency in the play, but most of it was due to the fact that Boynton was subbing a lot. And honestly that was nice to see, like you say, 10 to 11 guys just get pretty good playing time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Really impressed by the long, athletic freshmen! Top to bottom, seems like the best looking young group I've seen at OSU. They obviously need more work, but they really seemed to know what they were doing out there, even when there were no upper classmen on the floor. High basketball IQ!

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
There was inconsistency in the play, but most of it was due to the fact that Boynton was subbing a lot. And honestly that was nice to see, like you say, 10 to 11 guys just get pretty good playing time.

Hey, it is really early in the season. I’m sure Boynton is still figuring out which player combinations work best. I think we have a chance to be really good this year.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Hey, it is really early in the season. I’m sure Boynton is still figuring out which player combinations work best. I think we have a chance to be really good this year.
and Boynton choose to play the youngsters for large amounts of time over just trotting out the 5 returning starters. It will pay huge dividends as the season progresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2006
As mentioned in various posts, we looked much better than the score reflected
  1. Played freshmen majority of min
  2. We were cold shooting
  3. They were hot from the three
  4. As an exhibition with no film we played basic offense and defense.
Bold prediction - by the end of the year in a game of the five on five of

Anderson-Likekele
Harris-Dzigawa
Keylan-Waters
Roessink-McGriff
Kalib-Anei

I’ll take the Freshman and give 5 points. Now that is exciting!!

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Damn
That sucks

I kinda thought he'd breakout this year

I'm not real well versed with basketball but has our roster turnover been higher than most schools under Boynton?
Perhaps. He cleaned house and has gotten rid of some problems which may make it seem worse than it will be going forward. I think the current freshman class is what I would call his first recruiting class and he had to hustle to put it together. Most coaches have a couple of years to build relationships with high school players. The next class would fall into that category. The situation with Watson is the only one of HCMB’s players that I would say might tarnish his choice of players. But I’m sure he knew what kind of person Watson is since he is his Boynton’s second cousin. Then again, this is a she said, he said situation unless there is evidence to the contrary.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
You're trying to be funny . Right? They just started.
Well, to be quite honest, Wednesday Night is the first real game and whatnot. But, on the same hand, Cap is kinda right, they have seen a basketball before...

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Question? Which one of the Boone’s was the highest rated coming out of high school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it was Kalib - which is why it's so encouraging to hear that Keylan Boone has been playing so well in practice and in the TU scrimmage. Seems they'll both be producing for us sooner, rather than later.