OSU reviews Hubbard pic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Meanwhile......LSU football players are handed out cash after their win Monday night.

NCAA is looking at Northwestern Louisiana University for answers.....how did they let that happen?

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
It was a Hyundai Genesis not a Bentley, regardless if just a test drive then no extra benefit. Only issue would be using him in advertising which is minor.

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
It was a Hyundai Genesis not a Bentley, regardless if just a test drive then no extra benefit. Only issue would be using him in advertising which should be minor.
Whoops, Bentley-Hyundai, what's the difference? From what I read it sounds like the infraction would be the dealership using his image to promote itself and/or if he was paid any money to use his likeness. Sounds like if OSU self-reports the infraction would be minimal if it was an honest mistake and no cash traded hands.

Apr 13, 2007
I read a test of the Hyundai Genesis around a month ago. I can't remember which magazine but I was surprised how far Hyundai has come.

I wonder why he was posing? Not necessarily wrong.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I read a test of the Hyundai Genesis around a month ago. I can't remember which magazine but I was surprised how far Hyundai has come.

Had a Genesis as a rental a couple years back. Very nice car, imo. Completely loaded & you would've thought it was a Beamer or Benz. Hyumdai's come a long, long way.

Also had a KIA Telluride SUV rental recently, & let's just say, it wasn't the KIA I remember from when they started. Really nice SUV!

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
What is bad is the daily jokelahoman gave more information about this possible infraction than they did about the fact that Chuba is actually coming back...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It was a Hyundai Genesis not a Bentley, regardless if just a test drive then no extra benefit. Only issue would be using him in advertising which should be minor.
Whoops, Bentley-Hyundai, what's the difference? From what I read it sounds like the infraction would be the dealership using his image to promote itself and/or if he was paid any money to use his likeness. Sounds like if OSU self-reports the infraction would be minimal if it was an honest mistake and no cash traded hands.
They are Canadian, they probably have no idea about NCAA rules. Pic was taken down pretty quick. So somebody informed them. This should be nothing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Posing after a test drive. Normal, even if he weren't a celebrity. The fact he is one is the only reason it went on social media instead of just to him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
With all the time spent coaching, advising and teaching the players, could we please allot 30 minutes to explain, passing out cash on the sidelines on TV, or selfies in front of luxury vehicles is not a good look. It's really not that complicated and those of us who remember 0-10-1 are not amused.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
If he had only punched his gf on tape, then the tape Could be hidden for 12 months and then once reviewed by the coaches they would be shocked!! And state if they only knew this tape existed before now.. oh... wait....

Nov 18, 2010
What is bad is the daily jokelahoman gave more information about this possible infraction than they did about the fact that Chuba is actually coming back...
OU employs the OKC media. They mock and ridicule OSU at every opportunity. Every day I have the radio on, Sam Mayes or one of his buddies are making a joke about OSU. They do NOT want to see OSU improve and beat OU for another big 12 championship.

Someone complained that this (propaganda) negatively affects OSU"s recruiting in state. Sam Mayes hears about this and mocks and ridicules OSU fans..as if he is completely unaware that his daily jokes and rants against OSU football are being broadcast into the cars of potential recruits all over Oklahoma.
---I admit, its possible Mayes is unaware his broadcasts have an affect on recruiting--he's more of a 'Red-Faced Rant' guy than an objective, thinking analyst. (It appears Sam Mayes is trying to be Jim Traber.)

And lest we forget, when Gundy was up and coming and Trammel wrote articles every other day telling his readers that Gundy should be fired. Yet, despite all of this negative local media, OSU improved and won a big 12 championship.

Guess what happened next.. Oh look, out of nowhere, a'freelance "journalist" walks into town and does a cloak and dagger story on OSU's recruiting! OU benefits immediately from this random journalist's decision to randomly investigate OSU football. Make of that what you will.

I think it's a shame that Oklahomans actively work against the success of other Oklahomans. You'd think this part of the country, with its smaller population and blue collar ancestry, would be above that kind of conniving and backstabbing. But I'd wager a tornado shelter, that if OSU starts to ascend again, you'll see more articles like this from the OKC media/OU propaganda machine. And should OSU start to build their program too strong, you might even see another journalist-for-hire slinking around town, working on more "disturbing allegations".

Last edited: