OSU Regional Moved to Oklahoma City

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I don't think so UCONN - look at their bats. Not sure the end but coming into the last game ~ 450% for the tourney. Frankly Boone - one moment for him/us, that's it, should not have made the AAT. Maybe the strikeout first team, along with his mates.

If JH can't get it together in the next 2 years I'd go after this UCONN coach or hand it over to Rob.
A. As said before Josh's appearance is an embarrassment to OSU - no shave for days is disrespecting his own job and all the alumni - I do no care about some superstition BS - get a shave.
B. He is wearing a Homer Simpson Muumuu - the Dude needs to lose 30 - 40 pounds
View attachment 70761
JH, needs to take it up more notches - the game is on..

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
He's doing it wrong. Irrational posts about things like physical appearance are supposed to happen after a loss, not a win that sends you to a super regional.

Aug 16, 2012
Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I was surprised at the all tourney team as well. We also got Outstanding Player, but only 2 of the positions and filled with UConn?!? One Nebraska player. Sounds like some people thought UConn had the best team..... I'm thinking we could have see a player or two more from the other two teams, and I'm thinking at least one more from OSU (catcher!! he made some plays, or outfield as well) and a little less UConn. Maybe it was all about bats and not much about leather for positions. UConn outfielders flat out made some poor plays on the ball more than once.
Again, forget what happened on defense. All-star teams are all about what someone did at the plate. Been that way for at least my lifetime. UConn hit the ball well. We hit the ball at the right time, but overall, not as well.

Selectee is in bold below

Catcher
P. Winkel - .435......Simpson - .118

1B
C. Winkel - .375......Garcia - .357

2B
C. Fedko - .381.....Morrill - .417

3B
Funk hit .250, did not look at Nebraska guy's stats but cannot be any worse

SS
Prato - .455.....Navigato - .200

LF
Toppa - .438.....McCusker - .267

CF
Woodworth - .391.....Boone - .267
Only match-up where the guy with the lower BA was selected but the drama/spectacle of Boone's hit could not go without recognition. But, neither right fielder was selected, instead, they gave the spot to Woodworth which is deserving.

Offense rules all-star selections

Pistol Patty

There's no VIP area? Then what am I doing here?
A/V Subscriber
Sep 15, 2012
Snarkadelphia
Again, forget what happened on defense. All-star teams are all about what someone did at the plate. Been that way for at least my lifetime. UConn hit the ball well. We hit the ball at the right time, but overall, not as well.

Selectee is in bold below

Catcher
P. Winkel - .435......Simpson - .118

1B
C. Winkel - .375......Garcia - .357

2B
C. Fedko - .381.....Morrill - .417

3B
Funk hit .250, did not look at Nebraska guy's stats but cannot be any worse

SS
Prato - .455.....Navigato - .200

LF
Toppa - .438.....McCusker - .267

CF
Woodworth - .391.....Boone - .267
Only match-up where the guy with the lower BA was selected but the drama/spectacle of Boone's hit could not go without recognition. But, neither right fielder was selected, instead, they gave the spot to Woodworth which is deserving.

Offense rules all-star selections
Wouldn’t trade places.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Bill Haisten...

Oklahoma State coach Josh Holliday needed a winning response from someone — anyone — in the batting order, and certainly from his pitching staff.

During a 3-1 Cowboy victory that sends OSU to a super regional at Texas Tech, the pitching was brilliant all night.

Against UConn, OSU’s Joe Lienhard provided a high-quality start and former Claremore star Peyton Battenfield followed with three innings of scoreless relief.

“I knew I had to be nails,” said Lienhard, a senior from Wichita, Kansas, who allowed only the one run in six innings. “I knew I had to be locked in.”

From the bottom third of the Cowboy order emerged two heroes: Alix Garcia (who belted a solo home run in the fifth) and Carson McCusker (who bashed a two-run double in the sixth).

OSU also got tremendous defensive plays from McCusker in left field and from the 6-foot-5, 235-pound Lienhard, who bounced off of the mound to dive and catch a bunted pop-up near the third-base line.

46POKES

Greenhorn
Nov 28, 2008
I don't think so UCONN - look at their bats. Not sure the end but coming into the last game ~ 450% for the tourney. Frankly Boone - one moment for him/us, that's it, should not have made the AAT. Maybe the strikeout first team, along with his mates.

If JH can't get it together in the next 2 years I'd go after this UCONN coach or hand it over to Rob.
A. As said before Josh's appearance is an embarrassment to OSU - no shave for days is disrespecting his own job and all the alumni - I do no care about some superstition BS - get a shave.
B. He is wearing a Homer Simpson Muumuu - the Dude needs to lose 30 - 40 pounds
View attachment 70761
JH, needs to take it up more notches - the game is on..
Jim Penders' Resume:
16 years as the head coach of Uconn.
Conference Championships - 3
CWS Appearances - 0
Super Regional Appearances - 1
NCAA Tournament Appearances - 5

Josh Holliday's Resume:
7 years as the head coach of Oklahoma State.
Conference Championships - 3
CWS Appearances - 1 (Could be 2 if we win 2 of our next 3 games)
Super Regional Appearances - 3
NCAA Tournament Appearances - 7

Josh Holliday has accomplished a lot more in 7 years than Penders has accomplished in 16 years. He's the most successful coach we've had since Gary Ward. Josh can grow a duck dynasty beard for all I care. I'm proud of what he's accomplished, and the way he's represented our baseball program.

Surely your post was meant as satire?
Preach it brother!!!!!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I have no problem with the ATT. They hit the cover off the ball and we did not. Until it counted. They can have all the spots they want. All I wanted was a spot in Lubbock next weekend.

Oh, and that guy criticizing Josh's appearance has to be a Sooner troll. At least that's what I'm going to make myself believe. The other option is the embarrassment to our fan base.

DemBoys

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
I figure it has already been covered but I just want to give props to Super Joe for last night's effort. Going out there as a senior in all or nothing game as our #4 starter and throwing a masterpiece was tremendous, especially since we needed it because of our lack of offense.