OSU Regional Moved to Oklahoma City

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Feb 7, 2011
U Conn was a very good team. They played well. We can be happy we beat a very solid team. We played well tonight. That was a great college game. There was a very nice bunt in our half of the sixth or seventh that set the table. I forgot to second guess that one.

Jul 9, 2004
Anybody hear the announcement of the all-tournament team? I was walking out. But Ihink we had Elliott, Boone and Morrill. UCONN had 6 guys(?)...thought that was a little strange.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
My lucky jersey worked again. I would say I have worn it about 8 or 10 times to a game and we've won them all. I was even offered $100 for it tonight. Couldn't do it. It made the trip back home with me. That was a very good baseball game tonight. Hope our bats show up a little better in Lubbock. Go Pokes!!!

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn. I want to play for Josh Holliday. <a href="https://t.co/Z13vqsj2nb">https://t.co/Z13vqsj2nb</a></p>— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogers) <a href="https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/status/1135736216702398464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

">June 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
OK. UCONN was a good team; Wallace is a super star. Coach Holiday's image is crap; has not shaved in 3 - 4 days - WTF; he is representing the University. Clean i up. Coach Walton - clean shaved

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
I dont remember everything about that team but, UCONN reminded me of Coastal Carolina a couple yrs ago on their run. They just put the ball in play and hustle to make things happen even though they are over matched in talent.

One of the reasons I love baseball. So many ways to approach the game and each team has equal opportunity to take the game.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
2019 NCAA Oklahoma City Regional All-Tournament Team
Most Outstanding Player: Trevor Boone (OSU)
C: Pat Winkel (UCONN)
1B: Chris Winkel (UCONN)
2B: Hueston Morrill (OSU)
3B: Angelo Altavilla (NEB)
SS: Anthony Prato (UCONN)
LF: John Toppa (UCONN)
CF: Trevor Boone (OSU)
RF: Michael Woodworth (UCONN)
DH: Paul Gozzo (UCONN)
P: Jensen Elliott (OSU)
P: Jacob Wallace (UCONN)

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I think Peyton Battenfield should be on there, and maybe the MVP. But I guess Wallace was pretty much unhittable.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Seems they are already reporting the Super Regional at TT is already a sell-out. I guess tickets went to all the TT season ticket holders. I was thinking about driving down for the Saturday game if it was a night game and staying over for Sunday game if it goes that far. Seem that OSU should have an allotment of tickets.

Last edited:

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Anybody hear the announcement of the all-tournament team? I was walking out. But Ihink we had Elliott, Boone and Morrill. UCONN had 6 guys(?)...thought that was a little strange.
I think they actually had 7. But yeah it’s a little much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
I think they actually had 7. But yeah it’s a little much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so UCONN - look at their bats. Not sure the end but coming into the last game ~ 450% for the tourney. Frankly Boone - one moment for him/us, that's it, should not have made the AAT. Maybe the strikeout first team, along with his mates.

If JH can't get it together in the next 2 years I'd go after this UCONN coach or hand it over to Rob.
A. As said before Josh's appearance is an embarrassment to OSU - no shave for days is disrespecting his own job and all the alumni - I do no care about some superstition BS - get a shave.
B. He is wearing a Homer Simpson Muumuu - the Dude needs to lose 30 - 40 pounds
1559629180022.png

JH, needs to take it up more notches - the game is on..

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think Peyton Battenfield should be on there, and maybe the MVP. But I guess Wallace was pretty much unhittable.
Couldn't it be McCusker for left field? The plays he made were outstanding.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2006
I don't think so UCONN - look at their bats. Not sure the end but coming into the last game ~ 450% for the tourney. Frankly Boone - one moment for him/us, that's it, should not have made the AAT. Maybe the strikeout first team, along with his mates.

If JH can't get it together in the next 2 years I'd go after this UCONN coach or hand it over to Rob.
A. As said before Josh's appearance is an embarrassment to OSU - no shave for days is disrespecting his own job and all the alumni - I do no care about some superstition BS - get a shave.
View attachment 70761
OK. UCONN was a good team; Wallace is a super star. Coach Holiday's image is crap; has not shaved in 3 - 4 days - WTF; he is representing the University. Clean i up. Coach Walton - clean shaved
This is embarrassing. We just won a regional and beat a good team and we have fans who criticize the coaches facial hair (?) , weight (?) and are ready to put him on the hot seat after he’s taken the program to the supers for the 3rd time in 6 years. Add to that the fact that he thinks our opponent hit 450 %. Unless this is sarcasm and my radar is broken this is some of the most embarrassing commentary I’ve seen out of our fans - bar none. Have some perspective and show some respect for goodness sakes.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
Vermont

View attachment 70761

Francis.jpg

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater

View attachment 70761
The crowd in attendance should look like this too. I felt so underdressed last night.

1559648193343.png

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
No, took my Dad and one of my nieces. I was in section 103, row A (6-7-8). Thankfully no drunks around us. There were to cute-as-hell 7-8 year old boys who came down to sit while their parents were a few rows behind us. I helped them with their rally caps at the end. They were having a blast.
Was that two or too?

Pistol Patty

There's no VIP area? Then what am I doing here?
A/V Subscriber
Sep 15, 2012
Snarkadelphia

View attachment 70761
1559651336388.gif