OSU Regional Moved to Oklahoma City

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Current seating capacity at Bricktown is 9000 unless they uncover right field seats and then 13.000. I can see Nebraska fans showing up. TCU in Arkansas as a four seed facing Arkansas has upset happening with TCU ace starting. Since TCU beat us and the second game rescheduled on Sunday morning, I believe the committee gave them credit for playing us close and almost advancing to final. TCU will now probably end up in Omaha.

Aug 16, 2012
Matching PAC12 vs PAC12 - BIG 12 vs BIG12 and SeC vs SEC Makes no sense. I can't believe travel savings that much.
Devil's advocate, maybe, just maybe, the same conference SR pairings are intended to get better conference representation at the CWS instead of potentially being loaded with 1-2 conference teams?

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Current seating capacity at Bricktown is 9000 unless they uncover right field seats and then 13.000. I can see Nebraska fans showing up. TCU in Arkansas as a four seed facing Arkansas has upset happening with TCU ace starting. Since TCU beat us and the second game rescheduled on Sunday morning, I believe the committee gave them credit for playing us close and almost advancing to final. TCU will now probably end up in Omaha.
TCU is the 3-seed, but TCU has been to Omaha too many times recently to count them out no matter what seed they are.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
So it is official that we get a regional, but it isn't in Stillwater? So much for all those promises to season ticket holders. What the heck is going on? The ticket office sent an email that said I could have my season ticket seat for the regionals...….I guess that was a lie. Geeez.

I went to the OSU ticket site and there is no map, no seat number on the ticket you buy. I guess you are just supposed to close your eyes and spend $100 in the hope you get a seat you like.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So it is official that we get a regional, but it isn't in Stillwater? So much for all those promises to season ticket holders. What the heck is going on? The ticket office sent an email that said I could have my season ticket seat for the regionals...….I guess that was a lie. Geeez.

I went to the OSU ticket site and there is no map, no seat number on the ticket you buy. I guess you are just supposed to close your eyes and spend $100 in the hope you get a seat you like.
You do realize that there's been flooding in Stillwater specifically flooding in and around the baseball park?
Because of this they had to change the site to Oklahoma City so it's still near us and we're hosting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So we win and we have to go back to Lubbock? What the hell was the committee thinking?
I’m fine with us not getting a top 8 seed, but getting paired with tech is an absolute joke. Two big 12 teams in the top 10 and you pair them, Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has nothing to do with getting paired with Tech. The #8 always plays the #9 in the round of 16 in any tournament in any sport if the seeds hold serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
I don't understand why they can't use pumps to remove any standing water, and let the field dry out over the next several days. Is there literally a foot of water sitting on the field?

Nov 6, 2010
Sucks for Stillwater businesses. Will it be difficult to get tickets there at Bricktown or do you think you can walk up and get them at the window??

I know from driving through OKC last year that hotels are impossible during the softball tourney.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Sucks for Stillwater businesses. Will it be difficult to get tickets there at Bricktown or do you think you can walk up and get them at the window??

I know from driving through OKC last year that hotels are impossible during the softball tourney.
Hotels still available around Bricktown, but prices going up.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I don't understand why they can't use pumps to remove any standing water, and let the field dry out over the next several days. Is there literally a foot of water sitting on the field?
Apparently whole field under water, but depth unknown. I am going to drive by to see what field looks like later, but people in charge claim it won’t be ready. Apparently OSU went to Dodgers for help or lose the regional. Dodgers staff new about this on Friday, but it was dependent on OSU getting the regional.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003

According to Weiberg on twitter, we will be getting an email soon as season ticket holders with all the details. If you already bought tickets last night you will get seats similar to what you had in Stillwater. If you now can’t make it, they’ll refund it. I think the ticket office intends to call the ppl that have already bought tomorrow.

I know this is stressful and a little unexpected to fans, but the ticket office was geared up for a Stillwater regional not an OKC so they are getting put through the ringer to adjust on the fly to the changes on what should have been their day off.

I appreciate all OSU admin involved in trying to get this regional off as smoothly as it can be done.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Even if they got it cleared. There's more rain in the forecast. And Bricktown is better suited to quick turnaround after storms.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
My guess is attendance will be much higher than at APR with students on break. OKC has adequate Hotel space to Host a regional and it will be easier on fans flying in for both the Softball and Baseball regional. I’m excited and will be there for second week in a row.