OSU Men's Basketball banned from postseason for 2020-21

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 5, 2020
OKC
I heard some rumblings on the radio Friday that our athletic department may take legal action against the NCAA if the appeal isn't successful. That would greatly increase the odds of us playing in the postseason next year and the odds of Cade Cunningham making it to campus.

The next several months should be really interesting. :popcorn:
we would ha e to

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Even if Yor does decide to go through with the transfer, I think we will be alright with Kalib at the 5 and MAM at the 4. MAM's ability to knock down a shot from the elbow is really going to stretch defenses, in ways that we couldn't consistently do with Yor. What we lose I defense, I think we will more than make up for on offense. Also factor in our guards that go 6-4+ and wings 6-7+, in place of Lindy and Dizzy, and I don't think we will see much of a drop off on the defensive end, even without Yor.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Even if Yor does decide to go through with the transfer, I think we will be alright with Kalib at the 5 and MAM at the 4. MAM's ability to knock down a shot from the elbow is really going to stretch defenses, in ways that we couldn't consistently do with Yor. What we lose I defense, I think we will more than make up for on offense. Also factor in our guards that go 6-4+ and wings 6-7+, in place of Lindy and Dizzy, and I don't think we will see much of a drop off on the defensive end, even without Yor.
It’s the 12 minutes a game Kalib will be on the bench which is now terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 18, 2009
Agree 100%.

I don't think we'll see a traditional 1-5 lineup. 5 guys all 6'4 to 6'8 that can run and jump. Fast paced, pressure defense to make entry passes harder, Ice or CC matching up with PG's that they'll have physical advantages over. And for the first time in years, we'll have 3-4 guys that can create their own shot off the dribble or get to the rim much more frequently. The ball won't get stagnant unless Coach fails to get something across. We won't be in that situation waiting on someone to jack one up from 30. CC, RW, AAIII, Moncreif can all get to the elbow and beyond just about any time they want to.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Agree 100%.

I don't think we'll see a traditional 1-5 lineup. 5 guys all 6'4 to 6'8 that can run and jump. Fast paced, pressure defense to make entry passes harder, Ice or CC matching up with PG's that they'll have physical advantages over. And for the first time in years, we'll have 3-4 guys that can create their own shot off the dribble or get to the rim much more frequently. The ball won't get stagnant unless Coach fails to get something across. We won't be in that situation waiting on someone to jack one up from 30. CC, RW, AAIII, Moncreif can all get to the elbow and beyond just about any time they want to.
Exactly. Plus, there just aren't many dominant big men in the college game (or pro game for that matter) now. I think we'll be fine, with length up and down the lineup with 5 guys on the floor that can get a shot up at any given time.

Feb 18, 2009
Exactly. Plus, there just aren't many dominant big men in the college game (or pro game for that matter) now. I think we'll be fine, with length up and down the lineup with 5 guys on the floor that can get a shot up at any given time.
We will have mismatches all over the place. Of course the other team will too every now and then but we'll be insanely athletic. I would expect some zone options as well with some extremely long top and wing set ups. A Boheim match up zone for short bursts could be very tough. a 1-3-1 3/4 court trap would be fun too in spurts. Get some cheap dunks and when we fall back, tons of ball pressure where we can exploit those longer players.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Reinforces what others said about this putting pressure on NCAA to allow OSU into postseason play. Vitale hasn’t petitioned this hard for lowering the sanctions until Cade committed. He talked about the sanctions being tough, but I looked and didn’t see him saying anything nearly this strong until now.

PrincetonPoke23

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Is Mark Rousseau someone that I am supposed to know who they are? Still quality pwnage, but it will lose a bit of its luster if Mark is just some jackass college kid.
Disagree, we need all the support we can get. It doesn’t matter that Mark is an old nobody - Boynton standing up for the players and the school is awesome (it proves Dickie V’s point and shows Boynton being loyal AF). Love his tenacity. His response will also make the tweet gain popularity and be on the feed longer.

Last edited: