OSU mascot help

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2007
sacramento,ca
Hey everyone, I’ve been doing research and for the life of me can’t find what I’m looking for. What are the type of revolvers that pistol Pete uses on game day as well as the double barrel shotgun that he uses. Thanks

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Double barrel is a side by side rather than an over under, but I don't know the brand name. Likely a Remington..because they have a western / cowboy look and are cool.

Sep 15, 2006
Hey everyone, I’ve been doing research and for the life of me can’t find what I’m looking for. What are the type of revolvers that pistol Pete uses on game day as well as the double barrel shotgun that he uses. Thanks
Here's some close-up crops of Pete's shotgun and pistol ... maybe this will help ID the make/model.

Attachments

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Here's some close-up crops of Pete's shotgun and pistol ... maybe this will help ID the make/model.

Couple of different shotguns there.

One looks to be a Stoger hammerless coach gun. The other one looks to be a double hammer gun, but I'm unsure of the make and/or model.

The revolver is indeed a Ruger Super Blackhawk. It was initially shipped from the factory in 2011, so it's new.

I'm pretty sure back int he 60-70's Pete carried a .45, but I couldn't tell you the make or model. I'd guess it was a Colt Peacemaker, but that's a guess.

kadune

Bitching about grad school
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
CoMo
He shot that shotgun about 6ft away from my ear on the walk and did serious hearing damage. My ears rang (worse than usual) for hours afterwards. I could feel the concussion of that gun all the way through my spine....
Sometimes I feel like they amplify the noise of that thing. It's obnoxious how loud it is inside a full BPS.

I've shared this story a few times, but one of my favorite Pete stories was from the 2008 Holiday Bowl, when I was in the marching band. We were waiting on the sidelines behind the team bench waiting to perform and Pete fired the shotgun. One of the bowl officials on the sideline got spooked and just starting slinging a bunch of f-bombs for how much he hating that f-ing mascot for f-ing firing his f-ing gun. I didn't know what to do other than just laugh.

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
There was a time when whoever was Pistol Pete was pretty much on his own for most of the costume. What kind of gun does it look like he has here? Pretty sure this is 1970.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Couple of different shotguns there.

One looks to be a Stoger hammerless coach gun. The other one looks to be a double hammer gun, but I'm unsure of the make and/or model.

The revolver is indeed a Ruger Super Blackhawk. It was initially shipped from the factory in 2011, so it's new.

I'm pretty sure back int he 60-70's Pete carried a .45, but I couldn't tell you the make or model. I'd guess it was a Colt Peacemaker, but that's a guess.
You're right, definitely looks like Stoger Hammerless Coach Gun. Only other thing it would be is a ROSSI model.