OSU is now a 2.5 favorite...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
Absolutely loved that play. He was touched by 4 defenders.
Knocked the first guys duck in the dirt, which took out 2 other defenders including a guy with his hands on TW
Owned the weakside safety with a stiff arm.
Shed another defender on the way in for a TD.

He would not be stopped.
That first guy never returned to the game. I hope he's okay, now.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Not sure why but I am worried about the game tomorrow. Someone make me feel better. It's Friday for crying out loud.
Here’s some feel good analysis.

- Purdy is reckless under scoreboard or pass rush pressure. He’s had at least 4 sure interceptions dropped by opposing defenses already this season. Same QB as last year. He is who he has been.
- with Sanders going down in the first series against TU, play calling has been very conservative. Gundy has wanted to put his true freshman QB in a position to succeed. A good defense has allowed the offense to grind instead of flying high. Expect Sanders to start and the offense to look WAAAY different.
- to wit, with a competent back-up at QB, Gundy/Dunn will be less worried about a QB getting dinged so the QB run game will be on full display with Sanders. Expect 250 combined yards out of Chuba/LD/Sanders.
- the run threat will open up the pass game. Wallace will be the punk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
So we’re basically an under-dog when you scrape away the home field advantage. I’m good with that. The more disrespect the better. Just another reason to be fired up and ready to whip some Cyclone a$&! Being a true Cowboy, I don’t mind this position.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The national media (and therefore betting public) is drunk on ISU. Staggering, slobbering, vomiting drunk. Literally every analysis suggests our offense is sub-par and Purdy will make short work of our defense. Hell, nobody has seen our offense. What’s one of the safest bets in college football every year? Answer: Gundy will have an explosive offense. With Sanders back and 100%, and All-Americans at WR and RB, our offense will be what the national media now says it isn’t. Pokes roll.

Nov 6, 2010
The national media (and therefore betting public) is drunk on ISU. Staggering, slobbering, vomiting drunk. Literally every analysis suggests our offense is sub-par and Purdy will make short work of our defense. Hell, nobody has seen our offense. What’s one of the safest bets in college football every year? Answer: Gundy will have an explosive offense. With Sanders back and 100%, and All-Americans at WR and RB, our offense will be what the national media now says it isn’t. Pokes roll.

Maybe, but I think what the national folks don't realize is how good our defense really is. I think that's why we cover today.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Maybe, but I think what the national folks don't realize is how good our defense really is. I think that's why we cover today.
The best bet is the over. Currently the o/u is 52. Absent mistakes, I don’t see how we score less than 30.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The best bet is the over. Currently the o/u is 52. Absent mistakes, I don’t see how we score less than 30.

That would mean you are giving them 22 points. I don’t think our defense is going to give up more than 21 even to Purdy/Kolar. I think we win like 24-10.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

That would mean you are giving them 22 points. I don’t think our defense is going to give up more than 21 even to Purdy/Kolar. I think we win like 24-10.
How many times in the last 10-12 years has a fully healthy OSU offense scored less than 35? I haven’t looked, but I bet out of 100 games it’s less than 10.

As Nick Saban just stated (and suddenly just realized) offenses win games.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Don't play the over on O-State this year, however I did like the drive when we turned the afterburner on. That was one of the better drives we have had in several years.