OSU is, dare I say, "En Fuego"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaSkillz

Deadliest Photographer On The Planet
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jun 1, 2006
Stillwater
www.stormjockey.com
And so was my pumpkin....

Pre-Fuego

En Fuego

As it turns out, you should carve your pumpkin the same night you plan on setting it on fire. I had some significant structural issues by carving it the night before Halloween and leaving it outside overnight, but you get the general idea.

NET

Cowboy
Apr 10, 2007
on Fuego? How can a Spanish word be Spanish for itself? Is that like defining a word by using the word in the definition?:D :D
It's an SNL reference of a Chris Farley quote about "el nino" being spanish for "the nino".

NinjaSkillz

Deadliest Photographer On The Planet
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jun 1, 2006
Stillwater
www.stormjockey.com
NTE, I'm glad someone got that. I was feeling old there for a minute.

Jackbristow, I made a "bowl" of aluminum foil and saturated a paper towel with Kingsford charcoal lighter fluid. The flame lasted about 15 to 20 minutes and maintained a height of about 1 foot over the pumpkin. I learned a better technique from extremepumpkins.com where you soak a roll of toilet paper in kerosene overnight and then put it in a paint can (empty, of course) and light it up. That flame will reach around 3 feet and lasts for around 45 minutes, but I didn't have a paint can, kerosene, or 45 minutes to watch a pumpkin combust.

UArkPoke, I really wanted to go up to campus and use the Library, Student Union, or Stadium as a backdrop, but I figured that I would get the attention of the OSU police and/or fire department and at the time I really wasn't interested in going to jail for a good picture. It would be personally embarrasing for me to go to jail on Halloween completely sober. If I'm going to jail on Halloween, I had better be completely blasted out of my skull.

I am glad that some of you appreciate the pumpkin. This was my first ever attempt at getting creative with a pumpkin carving. Usually it is the traditional two triangles and a mouth. Sometimes I would get creative and make a tooth or two, but I guess the school spirit possessed me this year.

paulpoke

The Lonely Bedlam Bagel-er
A/V Subscriber
Aug 27, 2006
Edmond, State of Insanity...
UArkPoke, I really wanted to go up to campus and use the Library, Student Union, or Stadium as a backdrop, but I figured that I would get the attention of the OSU police and/or fire department and at the time I really wasn't interested in going to jail for a good picture. It would be personally embarrasing for me to go to jail on Halloween completely sober.
In the early eighties I caught theta pond completely on fire and yes, there were a few barley pops involved. I'd tell more but I'm not sure about the statute of limitations or revocation of season tickets, etc. But my motto then was... ah heck, I had no motto back then (or common sense). Anyway, nice pumpkin!

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
And so was my pumpkin....

Pre-Fuego

En Fuego

As it turns out, you should carve your pumpkin the same night you plan on setting it on fire. I had some significant structural issues by carving it the night before Halloween and leaving it outside overnight, but you get the general idea.

You should send that picture to the OSU Athletic Department! Pretty cool! I might try that one next year.