OSU in ESPN's Too Early Top 25

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It is entirely laughable. Up to and until the moment that they actually start winning consistently, they don't deserve to be in the top 25 let alone the top 10 even preseason.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
They did win 10 games and a New Years Six bowl vs Georgia, so there's that...I love it that we continue to beat them and hope that continues...but don't disregard that they actually accomplished something last year. They have a lot to replace on defense so I don't think they will be as good as last year...but they do recruit very well...so who knows?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It is entirely laughable. Up to and until the moment that they actually start winning consistently, they don't deserve to be in the top 25 let alone the top 10 even preseason.

They did win 10 games and a New Years Six bowl vs Georgia, so there's that...I love it that we continue to beat them and hope that continues...but don't disregard that they actually accomplished something last year. They have a lot to replace on defense so I don't think they will be as good as last year...but they do recruit very well...so who knows?
Well I did say consistently.........

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Good morning,

I'm happy to report that Frank Bonner ll joined the Tulsa World staff as its new OSU sports beat writer this week. You can follow him on Twitter @Frank_Bonner2 and contact him directly at 918-581-8387 of frank.bonner@tulsaworld.com.

Link to intro article and video here.

On another note, here's an update on the OSU-TU series from Kelly Hines...

After years of discussion among officials from Oklahoma State and Tulsa about a long-term nonconference football series, everything fell into place during a half-hour meeting.

“We opened the schedules up and we went one year at a time and hand-wrote all of those (dates) in there,” TU athletic director Derrick Gragg said. “To me, that was the defining moment.

“I saw how serious they were. It was something we had been pretty consistent on with each other. When we worked it out and got up and went to lunch, I said, ‘OK, this is going to happen.’”

Gragg, accompanied by senior associate AD Brian Scislo, convened in Gragg’s office during the winter with Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder and deputy athletic director Chad Weiberg. The result was an eight-year home-and-home series unlike any the Hurricane has scheduled in the modern era.

“For Tulsa to finally get a one-for-one over eight years with Oklahoma State was a real coup,” said Mike Aresco, American Athletic Conference commissioner. “Derrick’s put together a good schedule and that Oklahoma State series is terrific because for that eight-year period you know you have that game. It’s a rivalry game and it will help with attendance. It will be a game that TV will want to showcase.”