OSU going to just one logo

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It was my understanding that when we went with the new logos in 2001 that it was to bring continuity to all of our logos. So, if we’re just going to one logo now, then why not just go back to the original brand? It’s a much better logo, actually looks like a real cowboy’s brand, and it was proved last season that it still looks terrific on a football helmet.

The more I think about it, the more it ticks me off that we changed logos in the first place. Should have just dropped the old O-State logo that was at center court of GIA and called it good.

Nov 8, 2013
It was my understanding that when we went with the new logos in 2001 that it was to bring continuity to all of our logos. So, if we’re just going to one logo now, then why not just go back to the original brand? It’s a much better logo, actually looks like a real cowboy’s brand, and it was proved last season that it still looks terrific on a football helmet.

The more I think about it, the more it ticks me off that we changed logos in the first place. Should have just dropped the old O-State logo that was at center court of GIA and called it good.
I was in school during the old OSU brand logo era. I much prefer the new one. (Even though I agree the throwback uniform last year looked excellent!).

Sep 15, 2006
Remember who had the clout in the department at that time ... and what their sentimental logo favorite was. The O-State at center court harkens back to the Iba days, and with GIA being newly renovated and sold out, it was probably more likely that the old "brand" would've gone away before the block O did had they settled on a single logo at the time.

Apr 13, 2007
I was watching the University of Georgia girl's gymnastics team compete on TV. The announcer referred to them as "The Lady Dogs". I thought to myself, "that doesn't sound very good".

Then I realized what the alternative was.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
I have always liked the varied logos for OSU, but the continued change gives an indication that the University still seeks an identity. Oklahoma State University is also one of the few schools that does not have a school motto.
If I didnt know better, I would have guessed:
In vino veritas

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Remember who had the clout in the department at that time ... and what their sentimental logo favorite was. The O-State at center court harkens back to the Iba days, and with GIA being newly renovated and sold out, it was probably more likely that the old "brand" would've gone away before the block O did had they settled on a single logo at the time.

Then we shouldn’t have changed anything at that time, seeing as how the logo changes didn’t bring about the continuity that the experts said it would.

Why am I getting worked up, we’ll probably have a brand new set of logos by 2045 anyway. It’s what our school does, apparently.

Feb 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
All I know is at this point,the glue on that ostate logo on my tailgate is some really sticky stuff. And I just stuck it there. I have always like that one. Just the large O and State in the middle. I'm stuck on the old brand also. oSu. It looks like a brand.