OSU going to just one logo

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
This mean our OS baseball logo is going away? :( I hated when we went away from it several years ago and will hate to see it go again.

http://www.ocolly.com/news/osu-anno...cle_4525beaa-9c4a-11e9-ad71-3f6140d007ac.html

OSU announces it is moving to single "brand" logo university wide

Oklahoma State University announced today it will be launching the use of one “brand” logo for OSU.
The announcement came via email from Burns Hargis, which said “This logo is widely recognized and associated regionally, nationally and internationally with Oklahoma State University, and provides the opportunity to educate, motivate and inspire wherever our brand appears. Used consistently, one logo unifies our identity and communications as we continue to tell the OSU story.”

The OSU Brand Management team has been working on a strategic effort to elevate the Oklahoma State University brand and position it for future growth. The team said it has conducted “extensive market research” to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the various logos used by OSU. The “brand” logo was picked and updated after research found it had the “most audience recognition, prominence in the marketplace and is the strongest logo design among all current marks.”
Pistol Pete will continue to be used in all marketing materials.

The official launch of the brand update is July 1, and any project that will be printed or distributed after July 1 will utilize the new "brand" logo.

news.ed@ocolly.com

Aug 7, 2006
I don't think so. The athletic department moved to the brand logo exclusively a few years ago and we still have the OS logo. They're just doing away with the O-State logo and making the brand the academic logo as well.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This isn't going to effect tertiary logos like the interlocking OS, Swinging Pete, and the badge!

This is just merging the academic and the athletic brand.

They aren't coming for Pistol Pete's guns, people!

Mar 31, 2011
I think the old beveled lettering looks quite a bit nicer than the flat lettering. The big oddly beveled O with State written through it was always awful though.

Dec 21, 2008
Sounds boring to me. We trying to be like ou and bama and just have a home and away uniform? How can u possibly create cool uniforms with a 1990s looking logo with not much creativity. I love the the 1980s oSu logo

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Sounds boring to me. We trying to be like ou and bama and just have a home and away uniform? How can u possibly create cool uniforms with a 1990s looking logo with not much creativity. I love the the 1980s oSu logo
Uniform changes are fine, but when you're branding yourself, like any successful corporation, you want your logo/brand to be recognized instantly -- not have 4-5 different brands making it confusing.
Trust the marketing data that's been submitted to our top brass about focusing our branding.

We still have Pistol Pete, The Brand, OS (for baseball), Swinging Pete (for golf), which are all good looks. The Badge (IMMHP) was a poor choice.
It looked like someone's Spirograph contribution.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
https://twitter.com/doafhat/status/1146119394411634688?s=21

Interlocking OS isn't going anywhere also as confirmed by Rex and the Chief on Twitter.
I have always liked the varied logos for OSU, but the continued change gives an indication that the University still seeks an identity. Oklahoma State University is also one of the few schools that does not have a school motto.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Uniform changes are fine, but when you're branding yourself, like any successful corporation, you want your logo/brand to be recognized instantly -- not have 4-5 different brands making it confusing.
Trust the marketing data that's been submitted to our top brass about focusing our branding.

We still have Pistol Pete, The Brand, OS (for baseball), Swinging Pete (for golf), which are all good looks. The Badge (IMMHP) was a poor choice.
It looked like someone's Spirograph contribution.
I'm confused. What's the badge look like?