OSU Football Portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Wes Lunt
Tyreek Hill
Micheal Bowie
None of those 3 came close to setting the world on fire after they transferred to other schools. Tyreek did once he hit the league, but he had to go. Wes Lunt was an average QB for Illinois. Michael Bowie? Didn't he end getting booted from NSU?

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
You can only give 25 in a year. Gotta be careful playing that game. The fix for this is to have change in the rules. NCAA members are going to have to do something to stem the tide of transfers. There has to be a consequence for guys transferring.
why does there have to be a consequence? I'm not sure what the harm in players transferring is.

Athletic scholarships are not 4-5 years guaranteed. They are renewable every year and a player can always lose their scholarship. I think transfers add accountability to the institution.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
why does there have to be a consequence? I'm not sure what the harm in players transferring is.

Athletic scholarships are not 4-5 years guaranteed. They are renewable every year and a player can always lose their scholarship. I think transfers add accountability to the institution.
The problems are multiple. It's not the "transferring" thats the problem on the surface. It's that schools can no longer sign more than 25 in a given year. They can try and count a kid back to last year or next year, but that doesn't always apply.
There are other issues I believe. But this is the main one.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Power 5 schools made them 4 years guaranteed back in 2015.,

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Fields deserved his transfer. He just happened to be a difference maker QB. Everyone should look into the racist remarks he had to endure. Georgia had to allow/support Fields because of the potential backlash that could of happened between the football team and baseball team.