OSU Dorms

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 5, 2016
North Dakota
Going to transfer to OSU in the fall and will be a junior. I've lived the traditional dorm life before and don't really want to do that again. Looking at a suite style of some sort on campus. Moving here from North Dakota so obviously looking to meet people as well on campus. Going to be majoring in Sports Media if that matters at all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
If the living communities don't entice you, you might look at the University Commons. They are a blend of traditional dorms and apartment style dorms (and the newest dorm on campus, too). The problem with the full-on apartments is that it is hard to meet people.

Jul 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
As a Junior you will have a lot of options for on-campus living that are pretty cool. I lived in Sitlington Hall which was a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment style dorm. There was a main kitchen and laundry room, as well as a private balcony for each unit. It was in an area where a lot of the athletes lived as well. There is also a nice dining option right there called Adams Market which has a lot of great options within it for a quick meal (pizza, chicken, stir fry, etc.).

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
Going to transfer to OSU in the fall and will be a junior. I've lived the traditional dorm life before and don't really want to do that again. Looking at a suite style of some sort on campus. Moving here from North Dakota so obviously looking to meet people as well on campus. Going to be majoring in Sports Media if that matters at all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
If meeting people is a priority I would suggest living in the Village Suites if Traditional style isn't an option. The Villages are suite style so you get a private bedroom and bathroom but the floors and lounge space are designed to create community and give you social space. The other suites aren't bad such as Booker-Stinchcomb and Patchin-Jones, but those halls vary year to year on their levels of community based largely on the staff who is there and the willingness of the students to get out and be social. That's the beauty of those traditional halls, you don't get the choice. You have to meet people.

So again, try the Villages. If none of those are open I would suggest looking at Bennett Hall next or maybe the University Commons. They are traditional style, but are modified to be more of a suite/traditional hybrid.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
is commons traditional style a little bit? That's where I would like to live I think.
Yes the rooms are traditional style, two twin beds a desk and dresser, and you have bathrooms down the hall, but instead of the entire floor sharing 1 or 2 bathrooms they have it divided into little quads. A group of 4-6 rooms or something like that share a bathroom and then there are little lounges and study pod areas for students to use mixed in as well. So it gives you the chance to be around and interact with a lot of people still, but its a little more privacy than the older traditional halls.