OSU defense

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
think about it, it will make you mad but it has a good likelihood of it happening.
I'm not sure what you are asking me to think about...the fact that we will eventually start a true freshmen again? Or are you thinking that the true freshmen this past year...who will be a Redshirt Freshmen next year may start and some folks will be convinced he should have started sooner and would have been just as good despite a redshirt year(despite not having that evidence)?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I'm not sure what you are asking me to think about...the fact that we will eventually start a true freshmen again? Or are you thinking that the true freshmen this past year...who will be a Redshirt Freshmen next year may start and some folks will be convinced he should have started sooner and would have been just as good despite a redshirt year(despite not having that evidence)?
we'll start a true freshman qb within the next four years

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The OSU Defense is trending in the right direction. I'm excited for next year.
If we can produce a defense consistently in the top 50 and keep our offense consistently in the top 15 then we can compete year in and year out for the conference championship. A top 50 defense in 2011 would have put us in the BCS championship game.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
think about it, it will make you mad but it has a good likelihood of it happening.
He is saying we are going to sign and play Gunnar Gundy as a true freshman because his dad is the coach. I dont know why he thinks he needs to be all cloak and dagger about it though.

FWIW I doubt Gunnar goes to OSU.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
He is saying we are going to sign and play Gunnar Gundy as a true freshman because his dad is the coach. I dont know why he thinks he needs to be all cloak and dagger about it though.

Cale is Gunnar's real father, and therefore will go to OU.

:popcorn:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

We also started Rudolph as a true freshman as well as Lunt and also I believe Zach Robinson if I'm not mistaken...so it's not like it hasn't happened prior. These people who think Gundy won't start true freshmen need a history lesson.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We also started Rudolph as a true freshman as well as Lunt and also I believe Zach Robinson if I'm not mistaken...so it's not like it hasn't happened prior. These people who think Gundy won't start true freshmen need a history lesson.
Gundy wants has been timid on starting a freshman since Lunt. If his job hadn't been on the line they wouldn't have started Rudolph.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
I don't know what the hell Gundy decided to do with Sanders has anything to do what he has done in the past. Different athletes, different circumstances, different sized athletes with different injury histories, different offensive lines protecting them, different competition for the position........ and on and on and on.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Zac was a RS freshman. Also, he didn't start, he backed up Bobby Reid. He took over his sophomore year. Lunt was a true freshman who got ruined by injuries, which is what has Gundy gun-shy.