OSU defense

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
When the #1 recruit in the country goes and wins an NC with 5 star skill players and behind an outstanding OL, Gundy whiners come on like playing Spencer Sanders would have netted similar results.

Would we have liked to have seen Sanders or Brown in action this year? Yes

Does not playing them this year set back OSU football? No, and there are a number of examples you could point to where a newcomer QB came in and played well.

Where would we be if Sanders played one series and tore his ACL or messed up his shoulder? I imagine the same people clamoring for Sanders/Brown to be named starter this past season would be mad as all get out at Gundy for playing them and them getting injured.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
When the #1 recruit in the country goes and wins an NC with 5 star skill players and behind an outstanding OL, Gundy whiners come on like playing Spencer Sanders would have netted similar results.

Does not playing them this year set back OSU football? No, and there are a number of examples you could point to where a newcomer QB came in and played well.

Where would we be if Sanders played one series and tore his ACL or messed up his shoulder? I imagine the same people clamoring for Sanders/Brown to be named starter this past season would be mad as all get out at Gundy for playing them and them getting injured.
What if, in Sanders' junior year, when he has had a few years to develop and is at his zenith in terms of performance...he tears an ACL in the first game, and we lose him for an entire season when he would be *extremely* effective? Wouldn't that be just as discouraging, if not more? If it happens in his first season, he has time to rehab, he can get another year due to injury, etc.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
What if we start a thread during the national championship game to give us a forum to, yet again, bitch about OSU football.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Mods please change thread title to “Whine about Gundys QB choices” Nobody cares about our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is there to care about. Defense has sucked for years and I don't see how we can expect much different. Best we can hope for is maybe a top 50 or slightly better defense.

Oct 30, 2007
Alabama lost 8 defensive players to the draft last year. Losing that many players on one side of the ball would decimate most teams. Alabama can reload, because they have a roster full of talent. But youth & inexperience can take it's toll even when you have a roster full of 4 & 5 star players.

Mar 8, 2010
Cut Gundy some slack. He himself started at OSU as a true freshman and as a HC he started Wes Lunt and Mason Rudolph as true freshmen. Didn't Bobby Reid also start as a true freshman? The only criticism I had of Gundy's q-back decision making was to not give either Brown or Sanders a shot when it was clear that Corndog was having an off day. When Corndog was on he beat four nationally ranked teams. Not too shabby.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

It literally guarantees that you'll have a new starting QB for 2, possibly 3 years straight. Unless one of them's Kyler Murray, that generally sets a team back a little.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Might be a true freshman quarterback, but that ain't a piecemeal offensive line in front of him. Our offensive line, especially early in the season, would've gotten him killed.
As I sit back and reflect, this may have also gone into Gundy's thought process to keeping Sanders out for his Freshman year.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
That's cowboyethics344. You have the wrong Trump picture user.
I know who it was. I also know nobody bothered to have a rational discussion because everything turned into turtle hunting. That is why not on tv didn't hear about it.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
What if, in Sanders' junior year, when he has had a few years to develop and is at his zenith in terms of performance...he tears an ACL in the first game, and we lose him for an entire season when he would be *extremely* effective? Wouldn't that be just as discouraging, if not more? If it happens in his first season, he has time to rehab, he can get another year due to injury, etc.
what if he tears his ACL in both his freshman and Jr seasons? what if he got hit by a bus his soph season? what if Drew Brown slips roofies into SS's ice tea and he rents a bird scooter and then gets pulled over for DUI. Where would we be then!?!?!?!?!?!?