OSU Coaching changes thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Browns hire the Vikings OC to be HC because they want to revamp and improve their offense. So maybe Monk becomes available and paid as well. Hmmmmmm
https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland...nski-hire-means-for-browns-and-baker-mayfield

Now that it's official and Monken won't be retained, Gundy can close the deal and bring Monken back.
This is my dream that Dunn and Monken together can bring the swagger and ferociousness back into our offense.

Make it happen, Mike.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland...nski-hire-means-for-browns-and-baker-mayfield

Now that it's official and Monken won't be retained, Gundy can close the deal and bring Monken back.
This is my dream that Dunn and Monken together can bring the swagger and ferociousness back into our offense.

Make it happen, Mike.
You post the wrong link or did I just miss it? That article only seemed to talk about the new HC hire that hasn't even been confirmed by the Browns officially and didn't say anything about assistants being let go. Highly likely to be let go, but doesn't seem official yet.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
The Browns are such a cluster. They hire the guy they did not hire last time because they liked the other guy better. And the guy they did hire just got smoked head to head against another guy they were considering hiring! You lost, and you were our second choice last time?? DEAL!!!!!

Jan 14, 2006
Guys, I don't think Monken is coming back. We don't even have a spot for him as an assistant. If he comes as an analyst it would be awesome but I just don't see it happening at this point.

Jan 14, 2006
Generally I would agree. BUT if that were the case, then why no announcement on Dunn as OC yet?
I don't know, that's the curious thing. I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope Monken somehow ends up here but I don't see how it can happen.

I think if there was a chance of Monken coming back we wouldn't have hired Rattay.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
I don't know, that's the curious thing. I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope Monken somehow ends up here but I don't see how it can happen.

I think if there was a chance of Monken coming back we wouldn't have hired Rattay.
I think the only hope is if Monken has contract language that upon being fired/terminated he will be paid in full for the term of his contract...unless he takes another ”coaching” position. Loophole may exist, with good legal counsel, that he can take an analyst position and still collect on his existing Brown’s contract. Just a thought.

Apr 20, 2011
This 1000%. I would also add it is possible he would make more money next year getting paid by both Cleveland and OSU as an analyst. All speculation of course.

Jan 14, 2006
Let's go! For those of you worried about Gundy overriding, we've had to pull out all the stops to keep Dunn the last two years and he's been here for 10 years. If anyone can stand his ground it's Coach Dunn. Should be a great year.

Also, as far as stand alone QB coaches go, I think Rattay is a home run for us. Great experience as a player and coach in both college and the NFL. I'm excited to see Sanders's development.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Let's go! For those of you worried about Gundy overriding, we've had to pull out all the stops to keep Dunn the last two years and he's been here for 10 years. If anyone can stand his ground it's Coach Dunn. Should be a great year.

Also, as far as stand alone QB coaches go, I think Rattay is a home run for us. Great experience as a player and coach in both college and the NFL. I'm excited to see Sanders's development.
This! I don't think Dunn would come back just to be a puppet. And Rattay is an EXCELLENT hire!

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Crazy ultra low-chance theory.

Gundy retires later this week.
Monken hired as new head coach.

All of this happened because Gundy was planning his replacement. Monken was never planned to be the OC. Dunn stayed because he was promised the OC position.