OSU Coaching changes thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
The reason Yurcich was bad wasn't his overall results. It was his in-game (specifically clutch time) decision making. Going ultra concervative when we needed to pound the opponent into submission.

However, that is also an issue that seems to have persisted so it is possible that could be Gundy controlling/overriding things.

Overall, I getting Monken back in here would be huge as he would have a lot more power established from the beginning and it could help keep Gundy out of things.
There is a scene in "The Princess Bride" where Wallace Shawn's Vezzini character is discussing who knows what about the location of the curare poison with Wesley (Elwes). MY always reminded me of Vezzini, always over-analyzing a situation trying to set up what he thinks is going to be the perfect play instead of just running something that works.

That and he inane insistence on running the same play over and over under the premise of "they have to get it right to set up other plays"

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The reason Yurcich was bad wasn't his overall results. It was his in-game (specifically clutch time) decision making. Going ultra concervative when we needed to pound the opponent into submission.

However, that is also an issue that seems to have persisted so it is possible that could be Gundy controlling/overriding things.

Overall, I getting Monken back in here would be huge as he would have a lot more power established from the beginning and it could help keep Gundy out of things.
Or, alternatively, throwing the ball 40 yards down field when we need a yard and half.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
There is a scene in "The Princess Bride" where Wallace Shawn's Vezzini character is discussing who knows what about the location of the curare poison with Wesley (Elwes). MY always reminded me of Vezzini, always over-analyzing a situation trying to set up what he thinks is going to be the perfect play instead of just running something that works.

That and he inane insistence on running the same play over and over under the premise of "they have to get it right to set up other plays"
*iocaine powder

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Cleveland Browns: The Browns, who have already interviewed Eric Bieniemy, Greg Roman, and Robert Saleh have interviews planned for Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz (Wednesday), Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski (Thursday) and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels (Friday), Adam Schefter tweets. Schefter adds that the Browns hope to have a deal in place by Saturday.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Cleveland: The Browns are interviewing Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz today. They have Kevin Stefanski tomorrow and Josh McDaniels Friday. Ian Rapoport reports the Browns plan to complete each interview, “rather than cut it off and hire someone early. They want to complete the process.” The risk the Browns run in this is allowing other teams to potentially secure assistant coaches the Browns’ new head coach would have wanted; but this apparently is a risk the Browns are willing to live with.

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
Cleveland: The Browns are interviewing Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz today. They have Kevin Stefanski tomorrow and Josh McDaniels Friday. Ian Rapoport reports the Browns plan to complete each interview, “rather than cut it off and hire someone early. They want to complete the process.” The risk the Browns run in this is allowing other teams to potentially secure assistant coaches the Browns’ new head coach would have wanted; but this apparently is a risk the Browns are willing to live with.
The Browns know the hiring "process" better than anyone. They just aren't very good at it with the frequency that it is required

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Cleveland Browns: The last scheduled head coaching interview for the Browns is set to take place today with Josh McDaniels.

Jun 23, 2005
The Browns know the hiring "process" better than anyone. They just aren't very good at it with the frequency that it is required
I saw a graphic during the Browns Steelers game. In the last 50 years the Steelers have had 3 head coaches. In the same time period the Browns have had something like 16! The Browns are inherently unstable.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I saw a graphic during the Browns Steelers game. In the last 50 years the Steelers have had 3 head coaches. In the same time period the Browns have had something like 16! The Browns are inherently unstable.
Well. It is Cleveland...

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I think that I'm still excited, even if we don't get Monken. Dunn seems like a good coach, and I'd be willing to give him a season or two to prove what he can do at OC. That's assuming he's allowed to actually call the plays, and Gundy isn't dictating the entire offensive game flow.