OSU/BU spread...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 23, 2005
IMO every game left on the schedule is winnable. Obviously OU is tough in Norman, but upsets do happen.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Beating Baylor and TCU certainly seems doable at this point, bringing us to 7. Had we not layed that egg in Manhattan we'd be right where most expected.
I honestly thought 7 at the beginning. I feel pretty good about that still, but we are too inconsistent to feel that confident. We definitely get to at least 6 and almost certainly 7 with the bowl game included. I'll stick with 7 and go on record saying I think we beat either Baylor or TCU and then beat either OU or WVU, but not both teams from either group. My honest guess is Baylor and WVU.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
When you say “we” who are you referring to besides yourself? I hoped for 9 Winn’s. Expected 7 or 8.
From the general consensus on here it seemed like the majority was hoping for about 9 wins. Hardly anyone hoped for or expected 7. I was hoping for 8-9.
There were 5 teams on our schedule that were ranked ahead of us in the preseason. Problem is we have beat the two of them that we have played but we lost to 3 we were supposed to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
There were 5 teams on our schedule that were ranked ahead of us in the preseason. Problem is we have beat the two of them that we have played but we lost to 3 we were supposed to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And you have frog lizards of TCU to throw yet another twist into the craziness of the big 12

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Most predictions Im seeing are between a 4 and 11 point spread. I see us going down there and winning like 52-10. What say ye?
Not. A. Chance. That's about the same margin as last year, when we were at home with a good QB. We have not looked great on the road this year and have one of the worst defenses in the Big 12 (again). Coming off a big win as well. When is the last time we have used a big win as a spring board? This is either a close win or a loss.

Nov 6, 2010
I honestly thought 7 at the beginning. I feel pretty good about that still, but we are too inconsistent to feel that confident. We definitely get to at least 6 and almost certainly 7 with the bowl game included. I'll stick with 7 and go on record saying I think we beat either Baylor or TCU and then beat either OU or WVU, but not both teams from either group. My honest guess is Baylor and WVU.
Definitely and almost certainly are terms I won't use with this team after Saturday. I really have no idea how any of the remaining games will turn out. None.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Not. A. Chance. That's about the same margin as last year, when we were at home with a good QB. We have not looked great on the road this year and have one of the worst defenses in the Big 12 (again). Coming off a big win as well. When is the last time we have used a big win as a spring board? This is either a close win or a loss.
This team is unpredictable, so I wouldn’t say “not a chance.” They remind me of the 2013 squad with Chelf and Walsh at QB. That team put together a series of strong wins, including convincing wins against UT and BU back-to-back.

The defining factor, IMHO, is whether last week was a flash in the pan or a sign the team is finally gelling. I’m hoping it’s the latter and we go on a tear the rest of the season.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
Our defense is statistically better thanBaylor’s. And if Corndog is on target, he should feast on their secondary. I look for the RBs to have a big day as well.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
This team is unpredictable, so I wouldn’t say “not a chance.” They remind me of the 2013 squad with Chelf and Walsh at QB. That team put together a series of strong wins, including convincing wins against UT and BU back-to-back.

The defining factor, IMHO, is whether last week was a flash in the pan or a sign the team is finally gelling. I’m hoping it’s the latter and we go on a tear the rest of the season.
We should’ve beaten ou too that yr (and mizzu thanks to a bs reversed pick 6)