OSU at Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 14, 2017
Texas
We have great baseball tradition and some great fans but we also have some bad baseball fans who lack a basic understanding of the game including the fact that series like this happen fairly routinely in baseball. There are lots of games/long season. It’s a game of inches. Streaks happen, losses to teams you are better than are more common than the other major sports. You also run into good teams like Tech on the road when they are getting hot. This weekend wasn’t pretty and there will always be second guessing of decisions after games (and some criticism to a certain degree is probably fair) but it’s amazing how negative and what a short term memory so many on here have after a couple of losses. We are still routinely at the top of the conference standings, in the postseason, ranked, etc. and have consistency that all but about 10-15 other programs would love to have. How we nearly won the big 12 regular season last year with duct tape due to so many injuries and adversity was amazing. The run to win the tournament the year before was magical and we went to Omaha and almost won the whole thing the year before that. Go Pokes! Loyal and true.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Looks like a very good chance the AT Oral Roberts game 6pm Tuesday will be rained out.

Doubt they move it back a day since we gotta fly (Thursday???) out to Oregon next weekend.

I think the Tech guys didn't appreciate how we treated their womenfolk here in Stillwater this weekend, so the added incentive to sweep the guys in Lubbock. :oops:

Feb 16, 2007
Edmond
You mean last year only... 2 years ago, we had to win to even make the big12 tourney.

2019’s story is still be yet to be written. But I’m glad you’ve decided the season is over, if they get hot and win some games, I assume you’ll stay home and ignore it.
I meant this year and last year. My point is - we had the B12 championship right in our grasp. Win 1 of 3 and we would still be in the hunt. There will be no regional this year. We will get shipped some god awful place like Arkansas to end the season. And we will once again be talking about next year. Never said I wouldn't follow them - I'm a fan.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
There's no denying that up to this point, this season has been disappointing. But, MattBob's correct, this season is far from over.

One thing that intrigues me is that Holliday's teams always seem to catch fire at some point, and this team has simply not done that yet. Sometimes they catch fire for a long period of time (2014), sometimes just a little while (2017). But, I really don't feel like this team has actually gotten hot at any point of this season so far. Hope they do.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
There's no denying that up to this point, this season has been disappointing. But, MattBob's correct, this season is far from over.

One thing that intrigues me is that Holliday's teams always seem to catch fire at some point, and this team has simply not done that yet. Sometimes they catch fire for a long period of time (2014), sometimes just a little while (2017). But, I really don't feel like this team has actually gotten hot at any point of this season so far. Hope they do.
I hope you're right. One thing Josh has been able to do is keep them engaged even when it's not going well. That will be a challenge in the next few weeks.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
I hope you're right. One thing Josh has been able to do is keep them engaged even when it's not going well. That will be a challenge in the next few weeks.
If you can steal 1 from Oregon State, your RPI will be on solid ground.

Then it’s bedlam, most of your leaders come from the Jr class. A class that has never lost to OU. If you do that again... you’ll be right back in the middle of the race.

Then Baylor has to beat you on your home field with packed houses. Lots of former players are coming back for the last series in Allie P. So Baylor will have their hands full.

I’m sure the rush to quit on this team will continue if we struggle with the #3 team in the country, but our season is still in front of us and we can still achieve our goals.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
If you can steal 1 from Oregon State, your RPI will be on solid ground.

Then it’s bedlam, most of your leaders come from the Jr class. A class that has never lost to OU. If you do that again... you’ll be right back in the middle of the race.

Then Baylor has to beat you on your home field with packed houses. Lots of former players are coming back for the last series in Allie P. So Baylor will have their hands full.

I’m sure the rush to quit on this team will continue if we struggle with the #3 team in the country, but our season is still in front of us and we can still achieve our goals.
Even better post now than it was a week ago!!!!