OSU at Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
Both Rob and Josh over think things.

They need something simple in between
So, in your opinion, what changed offensively when Lees left and Vilade was brought in? Because it certainly seems like that’s when the hitting began to become a struggle. If you don’t want to reply on here feel free to PM me. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on that.
We also started recruiting multi sport athletes who, while they are great athletes and physically Superior, they aren't very skilled at baseball.

Boone, Cabbiness, Littell, Sluder etc...

Josh is very analytical, but yet he's recruiting kids that have always physically out matched High School kids and have never had to become as skilled as Josh wants them to be.

Many of them fall to paralysis by analysis.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Still have a chance to win the league. But, the last 2 years we should have won the league fairly easily. If we blow it again josh needs to take a look at bringing some other people in. We let too many games get away late. This is the third one I can think of in conference play in the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I thought for sure Standlee was done after the 6th. 7,8,9 due up for Tech, bring in a fresh arm to mow them down and let’s get to the 8th. Brett deserves better, he threw a gem but was at 100 pitches in unfamiliar territory and we haven’t stressed the BP that hard this weekend.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I thought for sure Standlee was done after the 6th. 7,8,9 due up for Tech, bring in a fresh arm to mow them down and let’s get to the 8th. Brett deserves better, he threw a gem but was at 100 pitches in unfamiliar territory and we haven’t stressed the BP that hard this weekend.
Dude has three great Sunday outings and not one win to show for it.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Could have gone to stone or leinhard for 2 then leeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 16, 2007
Edmond
Once again another mediocre year. we had the B12 championship sitting in front of us the last two years for the taking.

And to quote Coach Ward - we bit the bullet and spit it out.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Once again another mediocre year. we had the B12 championship sitting in front of us the last two years for the taking.

You mean last year only... 2 years ago, we had to win to even make the big12 tourney.

2019’s story is still be yet to be written. But I’m glad you’ve decided the season is over, if they get hot and win some games, I assume you’ll stay home and ignore it.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

This team will have an upswing before the year is over. How long it will last is the question. They haven’t shown that they have enough consistency to play good ball for an extended period of time.