OSU at Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
What Coach Tadlock does better than anyone in the conference is develope players. Look how many 90+ arms they've run out so far yet few were highly regarded recruits. Same with his hitters. Jung was a stud coming out of high school but the rest of the lineup, not so much. He can evaluate players projected potential, get them to campus and develope them. It starts with a culture he creates where the players completely buy in to him and the coaching staff.

And to another poster, yes, coaching had a lot to do with both of those losses and performance on the field whether it was directly or indirectly. Again, the offense is not Vilade's, it's Josh's with a little of Rob sprinkled in. The inability to recognize pitches falls on that.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan

Uhhhhh, yes. That’s what makes him a top 5 coach nationally. And it’s also fact that they’ve out recruited us the last few years.

Are you insinuating I’m delusional for stating this? Just curious. Very weird if that’s what you’re saying.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Uhhhhh, yes. That’s what makes him a top 5 coach nationally. And it’s also fact that they’ve out recruited us the last few years.

Are you insinuating I’m delusional for stating this? Just curious. Very weird if that’s what you’re saying.
I was agreeing with you completely and the delusion was not you at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That's why I said, "to another poster" then talked about the coaching. The delusion was the all too often poster that don't understand the coaching responsibilities or refuse to see things as they truly are.

You're a great contributor to this board and again I apologize for the misunderstanding!

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
I was agreeing with you completely and the delusion was not you at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That's why I said, "to another poster" then talked about the coaching. The delusion was the all too often poster that don't understand the coaching responsibilities or refuse to see things as they truly are.

You're a great contributor to this board and again I apologize for the misunderstanding!

Ok , was just wondering lol. No problem.

Big picture, I’m at the point where I’m hoping that this season forces Holliday to make some adjustments going into next season.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Going into the top of 2 nobody has scored. Tech threatened there in the bottom of 1 a little bit but we got out of it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Ok , was just wondering lol. No problem.

Big picture, I’m at the point where I’m hoping that this season forces Holliday to make some adjustments going into next season.
I agree but I'm of the opinion that it's a discussion that doesn't go over very well on this board. I do think everyone will agree that you need an ace recruiter. The baseball community is a very tight knit community and positives as well as negative spread like wildfire. Methodology needs to change more so than personnel but it's often easier to transfer blame than accept responsibility.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
I agree but I'm of the opinion that it's a discussion that doesn't go over very well on this board. I do think everyone will agree that you need an ace recruiter. The baseball community is a very tight knit community and positives as well as negative spread like wildfire. Methodology needs to change more so than personnel but it's often easier to transfer blame than accept responsibility.

So, in your opinion, what changed offensively when Lees left and Vilade was brought in? Because it certainly seems like that’s when the hitting began to become a struggle. If you don’t want to reply on here feel free to PM me. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on that.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
So, in your opinion, what changed offensively when Lees left and Vilade was brought in? Because it certainly seems like that’s when the hitting began to become a struggle. If you don’t want to reply on here feel free to PM me. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on that.
I'll give you an answer or theory later. It's too long to give while I'm watching the game. I will say the loudest most predominant voice of our offense is not Vilade, his is but a whisper if at all.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
I'll give you an answer or theory later. It's too long to give while I'm watching the game. I will say the loudest most predominant voice of our offense is not Vilade, his is but a whisper if at all.

Yeah, I knew that Vilade isn’t coaching the O, but it does seem that something drastic changed when Lees left. The number of “gritty” AB’s decreased dramatically at that time. Anyway, interested in your thoughts.