OSU at TCU basketball 8 p.m. tonight

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
TV: ESPNU

---

TCU Horned Frogs

Record: 15-6, 3-5 Big 12

KenPom rating: 37

Coach: Jamie Dixon (third season at TCU, 16th overall; 60-33 at TCU, 388-156 overall)

Last meeting: TCU 90, Oklahoma State 70 on Feb. 17, 2018 in Fort Worth, Texas

All-time series: OSU leads, 25-6

From Mark Cooper: With dwindling depth, Oklahoma State relies on shape-shifting defense to conserve energy, fouls...

STILLWATER — As a basketball player, Mike Boynton grew up learning man-to-man principles.

He played for coaches who preached them. When he became a coach, he worked his way up alongside coaches who relied on man-to-man. As Oklahoma State’s head coach, Boynton aimed to play an aggressive, take-you-out-of-your-offense style that would resonate with fans longing for the hard-nosed defense played by Eddie Sutton’s best teams.

Circumstances dictate everything, though. That’s why here, with 10 regular-season games to go in his second season, Boynton is learning that for his shorthanded group, zone defense might be the way to go.

“Sometimes when you’re forced into situations, you have an opportunity to learn,” Boynton said.
Also from Mark --- what to watch for and more:

The Horned Frogs aren't quite as potent on offense as they were last season, when they ended the year a top-10 offensive team. But they still do things that could pose problems for a thin Oklahoma State roster.

TCU ranks second in Big 12 play at free-throw rate. It ranks third in offensive rebounding.

In the Horned Frogs' three conference wins, they attempted 89 free throws. Six-foot-8 senior JD Miller and 6-foot-11 freshman Kevin Samuel were a big part of that and will challenge Yor Anei and Cameron McGriff.

Point guard Alex Robinson ranks 10th in the Big 12 in free-throw rate. He has two double-doubles (points and assists) in league play.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
WVU beat KU, although it was is Morgantown. No one in this league should feel safe. I would not be the least bit surprised If the Pokes still a road win..

Oct 30, 2007
Looks like a disaster coming, cam and yor already with fouls and one air ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
The high post hand off offense does not work AND NEVER WILL, PLEASE STOP.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Bane hasn’t hit a 3 in 2 games. Don’t worry he’s 4-4 so far tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Well we didn’t learn a damn thing from last game. Getting lit up from 3....again.

Jun 25, 2011
Our offense is painful to watch. I know we really don't have anyone who can create their own shot, but we have to figure something else out because what we have just isn't getting it done. I get tired of watching them struggle to even get a shot off before the clock runs out.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Our offense is painful to watch. I know we really don't have anyone who can create their own shot, but we have to figure something else out because what we have just isn't getting it done. I get tired of watching them struggle to even get a shot off before the clock runs out.
Bob Knight was a great example of a coach using the motion offense to get high percetnage shots.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I’m not sure what’s worse. The offense or the defense.