OSU at OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
I thought HCJH couldn't coach?

Interesting
While I am a huge JH fan and absolutely think he can coach, you have to admit this team is very inconsistent. How do you take 3 from the defending Natty Champions and #2 team in the country (looking damn good doing it) and also lose 2 of three at Kansas, and get boot stomped by Tech the week before.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
While I am a huge JH fan and absolutely think he can coach, you have to admit this team is very inconsistent. How do you take 3 from the defending Natty Champions and #2 team in the country (looking damn good doing it) and also lose 2 of three at Kansas, and get boot stomped by Tech the week before.
Agreed. If this team finds some consistency over the next 7 weeks... watch out.

Apr 7, 2006
I think health has been a factor in the overall consistency or lack thereof. Also- when you strike out 20 fewer times in a weekend, you’re more likely to see good things happen.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
don't know if you've noticed or not, but Tech is really, really good........... they are the hottest team in college baseball right now.......

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Congrats on the wins! Our recap...

The No. 21 Oklahoma State baseball team completed a sweep of No. 2 Oregon State Sunday with an 8-7 win in Corvallis, Oregon.

It marks the first time Oregon State (31-14-1) has been swept in a three-game home series since 2010.

Cade Cabbiness' two-run single in the eighth inning was the difference as the Cowboys improved to 28-16. OSU also had big games from Trevor Boone (3-for-4, four RBIs) and Andrew Navigato (three hits, two RBIs).

Jake Lyons (3-2) got the win in relief, allowing three runs in 3 2/3 innings. He struck out three. Ben Leeper struck out four in two innings for his fifth save.

Oklahoma State scored three runs in the top of the first inning, but found itself down 6-3 after five innings. The Cowboys pulled even with three runs in the sixth, then took the lead on Cabbiness' hit in the eighth.

OSU jumps back into Big 12 play this weekend with the Bedlam series against Oklahoma. Friday's 7 p.m. opener is at ONEOK Field in Tulsa, followed by Saturday's 7 p.m. game at Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City and Sunday's finale in Norman.