OSU at OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 29, 2007
Edmond, OK
Big win! Was looking forward to this series. Big thanks the @The Poke for the tech tip.
Oregon State's play by play guy is really good. Nothing against Rex and Cheif but I've enjoyed watching and listening to this guy the last two games. Very professional, calls it fair with a slight lean to the home team. Obviously does his homework, lots of good info. He said Battenfield threw 4 no hitters and 4 more one hitters his senior year of HS. His color guy asked who he was playing against but play by play assured him that we play good ball in OK.
How many pinch hitters did Oregon St use in that game? I would like to see Josh do more of that, keep guys engaged and seeing pitches.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
Big win! Was looking forward to this series. Big thanks the @The Poke for the tech tip.
Oregon State's play by play guy is really good. Nothing against Rex and Cheif but I've enjoyed watching and listening to this guy the last two games. Very professional, calls it fair with a slight lean to the home team. Obviously does his homework, lots of good info. He said Battenfield threw 4 no hitters and 4 more one hitters his senior year of HS. His color guy asked who he was playing against but play by play assured him that we play good ball in OK.
How many pinch hitters did Oregon St use in that game? I would like to see Josh do more of that, keep guys engaged and seeing pitches.
I was only able to hear parts but thought the same thing. Obviously a Oregon State fan, but gracious to the visitors as well.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
He even said the McCusker check swing out was not a good call.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I guess we are finding out who the REAL OSU is this weekend! Too Cocky?
I just think we’ve put together a great weekend so far. Our starting pitching and pen have been very, very good. Only a couple of head scratchers from Rob through the 2 games but nothing like other games. We’ve never allowed OrSU to get into a rhythm through the first 2 games. There was a point yesterday when I felt they were starting to dial in on Scott and Rob made the change.

OrSU will say they’re just having a bad weekend at the plate. OSU has been responsible for creating that bad weekend.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Can you elaborate? Not sure I understand the context. Is he calling out fans?
Last weekend in the postgame, he referenced some emails he received criticizing him after Saturday's loss. He didn't get into specifics. So, he mentioned it again last night. To me, it lets that person (or people) know that it bothers him.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Josh needs to keep his head in what he is doing. The increasing need to control the conversation by coaches and players is not productive, do your job and ignore people that aren't in there everyday. I will admit I'm not a huge Holiday fan, but if he has those kids playing at this level in this kind of series he is doing his job. I have been impressed with the way the team played the last two nights, not that my opinion means anymore than anyone else's.