OSU at Baylor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Great road win for these guys. No quit.

Likelele and Anei have me very excited about the future of the program. Not to mention adding the Boone twins, Marcus Watson, and Avery Anderson will bring scoring and length to go with the shooters we have coming back. Sounds like a complete roster to me..:thumbup:

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
No quit in these guys. Very impressive. They have gone toe to toe with the best teams in the Big 12, with virtually no bench. Hope OSU fans get out Saturday to show their appreciation. They deserve it.

Jun 25, 2011
Great road win for these guys. No quit.

Likelele and Anei have me very excited about the future of the program. Not to mention adding the Boone twins, Marcus Watson, and Avery Anderson will bring scoring and length to go with the shooters we have coming back. Sounds like a complete roster to me..:thumbup:
Our two freshmen lead the team in scoring AND rebounds tonight. Next year our starting 5 will be Big 12 game tested. And it is refreshing to know our two young freshmen can be very productive which will mean teams next year can't just take focus on our Seniors and take them out of the game. Yor and Likelele will need to be accounted for as well.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Demuth can’t even catch a pass.
Not sure how the hell he plays over Mitchell. Mitchell hasn’t seen the floor since the tech game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitchell played in the Kansas game also.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Really? I guess I missed that. I just feel like he brings significantly more to the floor that demuth. Not saying he brings a ton but he can at least make a shot.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Great coaching decision by Boynton to put Anei on the designated three point shooter in that inbound situation. Baylor player did not want to shoot it after the Mason kid was taken away, thus the brick.
Did it not feel like he got more than 5 seconds to inbound

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
This game actually excites me for next year. A solid core of 5-6 guys with some legit reinforcements coming. Plus one thing we know is they are going to fight every night no matter what. They will do anything for Boynton. Also I really do think Boynton can coach. He has some things to improve on but I think he relates to the players really well and I think sometimes it’s more execution than it is the play call. It’s also tough to run an offense with 7 dead tired guys. Outside of the obvious terrible record, which includes a handful of close games, I see a lot that I like.

Dec 17, 2011
The last 3 games really show me what to be excited about next season. Take TTU to OT at Tech, almost beat KU, and go on the road and beat a good Baylor team. Everyone comes back and we get that awesome recruiting class (maybe better??). I see the development in these last 3 games.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No quit in these guys. Very impressive. They have gone toe to toe with the best teams in the Big 12, with virtually no bench. Hope OSU fans get out Saturday to show their appreciation. They deserve it.
No seniors right?

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Cam McGriff looked beat up leaving the court.

These kids have given everything they have to give.
he's looked awful the last several games, save 1. encouraging win for a team who hasn't thrown in the towel when many teams would have...............

Jun 14, 2011
Really? I guess I missed that. I just feel like he brings significantly more to the floor that demuth. Not saying he brings a ton but he can at least make a shot.

He wasn't in very long at all vs. KU. I believe his first trip down the court someone stole the ball from him easily and the second trip down the court he turned the ball over when he dribbled it off his foot or knee. I remember, as my buddy asked who that guy was. Initally I was excited to say he was the walk-on that hit a big shot and played decent against TTU, and then the above happened. We both looked at each other like :facepalm:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Cam McGriff looked beat up leaving the court.

These kids have given everything they have to give.
he's looked awful the last several games, save 1. encouraging win for a team who hasn't thrown in the towel when many teams would have...............
Yeah, he looked on fire against Kansas. Think he was recovering from an injury before that. As for last night I'm not sure.
But they said in the radio last night that Lindy and.... Can't remember who else, had injuries.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Congrats on the road win. Here's Mark Cooper's recap...

Taking everything you knew about this Oklahoma State basketball team and taking a cursory glance at the box score, this one didn’t seem plausible.

Oklahoma State shot 5-of-29 from 3-point range, its third-worst performance of the year. Cameron McGriff and Lindy Waters combined for 14 points on 5-of-20 shooting.

The Cowboys won 67-64.

Part of that was the team’s best defensive performance since December.

The other half of the equation was the performance of OSU’s true freshmen Isaac Likekele and Yor Anei.

Likekele, who has started all 30 games, was terrific at getting to the basket and finding an angle to score around defenders. His 23 points came on 10-of-15 shooting and he added nine rebounds and six assists, too.

In nine Big 12 road games, Likekele averaged 13.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.

Anei, meanwhile, used this game to set Oklahoma State’s all-time freshman blocks record with 70.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
Luckily, it took 4/5ths of the game for Baylor to figure out that you make Anei go to his right hand.

Along those lines, somebody should talk with Yor about a prosthetic of some kind. Even non-articulating digits on his right hand would help when he's forced to go that way. Are prosthetics legal in the NCAA?