OSU and the Big 12 vs Power 5 Conferences Data

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Eddie is always the exception. Stanley had a good run until the sanctions caught up with him. Stanley did go to the Giants after he left us.
Stanley was an underrated coach. Our facilities and budget were an embarrassment and he wasn't going to buy a few more years with his charisma.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
There are a few, but not many coaches that can improve on 2-14.
Since 2005 these big 12 teams have done better than 2-14 against OU.

UT 43.7%
KSU 30.7%
Tech 21%
Baylor 18.7%
TCU18.2%
ISU 14.3%
OSU 12.5%

There are few who could improve on his overall record. Many who could improve on his Bedlam record.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2013
Fired coach Anderson in Baseball and hired Josh. Fired Leonard Hamilton who has been a very successful coach for the last 30 years and hired Eddie.
I thought Hamilton left for Miami and wasn't fired. But maybe he was encouraged to go so Iba could hire Eddie.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
So basically we are in the same boat as Colorado, Kansas State, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest. One good run in the decade.
...and the same boat as some "big name" programs you left out such as Penn State, Nebraska, USC, and Auburn. Doing better than Texas, Texas A&M, Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Miami over the past 10 years.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
I would say that OSU and Kansas State are in worse shape because of the domination of the conference by a single team.

I'm trying to come up with a measure of "egalitarianism", that is, how much is the conference championship shared by other members of the conference. The simple 50% of conference teams have won a Big 12 championship doesn't really tell the story with OU winning 70% of the CCs.
That's a good point. Looking at the data, to me the bigger concern is not the 70% by OU overall, but the 6 year run the last few years - no other team has one since 2014. Somebody needs to knock them off at least once.