OSU and the Big 12 vs Power 5 Conferences Data

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
One more stat line: 2-14

The school in Norman is great; we’ve been good. We can do better than 2-14.

Mike Gundy is a very, very good coach and his stability has been appreciated emotionally and financially.

There are a few, but not many coaches that can improve on 2-14. Yes, it is risky replacing a proven coach and any replacement better be a home run hire.

Maintaining the current situation is accepting that we are not interested in doing better than 2-14, winning conference championships, making the playoffs or winning a national championship.

These are all true statements.

Yes or yes?
no

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
IMO, 2-14 is completely irrelevant. Beating OU is never a goal. It has never appeared on any list of goals put forth by the program. Competing and/or winning the conference championship is the goal. Beating OU but not competing for the championship does not mean success (see 2014). Losing to OU but competing for or winning the conference does equal success.

Too many fans are obsessed with OU while somewhat ignoring what is true success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
That's because the quality, or less thereof of the non Blue Bloods before the scholarship limits, not because there are simply more games in Conference.

Which.... before you interjected, was the topic being discussed.

We were discussing whether or not the Scholarship limits had closed the gap between the Non Blue Bloods and the Blue Bloods.

I was/ an showing proof that it has.

So.. as you can see, when you interjected you were talking about 9 games vs 7.

You were not talking about 9 games NOW vs 9 games then.

That is a pivot you've had to make because, after you posted this, I point blank showed you that it was easier for OU to win 9 games in a row against Non blue bloods then as it is for them to win 7 games in a row against Non Blue Bloods now.

Heres your next quote

So.... clearly you understood that the conversation revolved around Non Blue Bloods.

But... since your premise of simply adding more games was wrong, you know, the one you went out on a limb on, you've had to pivot to this.
You shouldn't stop your meds cold turkey.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
We didn't fire Miles he quit, We Fired Bob Simmons but he wasn't a good coach, both had the same number of bedlam wins as Gundy I believe but let's be honest probably the worst OU teams in their history, Fired Pat Jones, Jimmy Johnson Quit and that's as far back as I go from memory.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
We didn't fire Miles he quit, We Fired Bob Simmons but he wasn't a good coach, both had the same number of bedlam wins as Gundy I believe but let's be honest probably the worst OU teams in their history, Fired Pat Jones, Jimmy Johnson Quit and that's as far back as I go from memory.
Jim Stanley was fired before Jimmy Johnson. There have been very few of our coaches that have left for better positions, most have been fired because of suckage.

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
Fired coach Anderson in Baseball and hired Josh. Fired Leonard Hamilton who has been a very successful coach for the last 30 years and hired Eddie.

Sep 12, 2008
Jim Stanley was fired before Jimmy Johnson. There have been very few of our coaches that have left for better positions, most have been fired because of suckage.
Only 3 that I can think of went on to better things in college football

Lynn Pappy Waldorf
Jimmy Johnson
Les Miles