OSU alums in NFL

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Ashton Lampkin (knee) agreed to an injury settlement with the Chiefs and was waived from injured reserve, according to the league's official transaction log.

Lampkin landed on IR earlier on in training camp after missing the entire 2017 campaign with a torn ACL. The cornerback could be close to fully healthy at present time, though, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Lampkin finds a new home in advance of the regular season

Aug 26, 2004
"Mr. baokbob, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard, at no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Just call me Billy.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From the Associated Press...

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Jarvis Landry is friends with Dez Bryant. He'd like to be teammates.

With the Browns in the market for another playmaker because of Josh Gordon's absence and uncertainty, Landry said Monday that he hopes Bryant, a three-time Pro Bowler wide receiver in Dallas, joins him in Cleveland.

"If he wants to be here then obviously we're open arms and we'd love to have him," Landry said. "He'd be a great addition to our team and our offense — for sure."

Bryant has expressed mild interest in the Browns, who have had him on their radar for weeks and are trying to schedule a meeting with the 29-year-old.

Last week, after general manager John Dorsey said Bryant had not returned any of his phone calls, the sometimes volatile wideout posted on Twitter that he intends to visit Cleveland sometime this week.

"Starting my visits next week," Bryant posted on his personal account while the Browns were playing the New York Giants. "I'm coming to the Land to see you Mr Dorsey."
Link

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
From an ESPN article on the biggest surprises on each NFL team:

17. Seattle Seahawks
2017 record: 9-7
Post-draft ranking: 16

CB Tre Flowers. The Seahawks have been thrilled with how Flowers, a rookie fifth-round pick, is coming along in his conversion from college safety to the type of oversized, physical cornerback Pete Carroll's defense is known for. Injuries to veterans Byron Maxwell and Neiko Thorpe have given Flowers a chance to play with the starters both in practice and in Seattle's preseason opener. He could see the field on defense sooner than many expect. -- Brady Henderson

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper...
After catching 226 passes for more than 4,400 yards and 39 touchdowns in an Oklahoma State uniform, James Washington can't do a lot to surprise people in the state of Oklahoma.

This catch in his second preseason game on Thursday might put him on the radar of more fans of the NFL, though.

In the third quarter of the Pittsburgh Steelers' game against the Green Bay Packers in Wisconsin on Thursday, Washington went up and snatched a touchdown over Packers cornerback Demetri Goodson.
Link (video below)

While I'm at it, here's video of his second TD from last night:

I will try to get a new gallery of NFL locals up later this morning too.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
There were only three NFL preseason games last night, but here's notes on the OSU guys from the Associated Press...

Dez Bryant was visiting the team's headquarters in Berea, Ohio, on Thursday and there was a chance the meeting could lead to the three-time Pro Bowl selection signing with Cleveland. The 29-year-old receiver was released by the Dallas Cowboys after eight seasons in April and has been waiting to latch on with another team. He turned down a three-year contract offer from Baltimore, which may still have interest in him.
Link

The Steelers got off to rough start after Mason Rudolph threw the interception returned by Tramon Williams.

But five minutes later, Rudolph found JuJu Smith-Schuster for a 4-yard touchdown pass. Rudolph, who is competing with Joshua Dobbs for a backup job, was just 5 of 12 for 47 yards in playing the first half.

Dobbs didn't look much better after throwing a 22-yard interception returned for a touchdown by rookie cornerback Josh Jackson in the third quarter.

"We'd just like to have those plays back, but the deal is you don't get those plays back," Tomlin said. "So, hopefully, there's a learning process there in it for all of us."

Dobbs finished strong and connected with rookie receiver James Washington for two second-half touchdowns . He was 12 of 17 for 192 yards.
Link

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Brandon Weeden didn't do as well against the Forty-niners as he did against the Chiefs. Off night.
Weeden had a ton of dropped passes that should have/could have been caught. There were also some miscommunication incompletions as well. That being said, Weedon still looks like a solid backup to me.
He looks better than Rudolph, but Mason is a rookie.

Watching Saturday's games, I saw Ateman make a couple of great catch/run plays. Heard the announcers comment on the Rudolph, Washington, Ateman trio at OSU a couple of times. Then saw Ramon Richards play a bit for the LA Rams.
Then saw Blake Jarwin for the Cowboys play some starting TE.

Cleveland could become a fun team to support even more so if Dez joins the team. Already watching Ogbah, Mayfield (yes, he's fun to watch even if he is a goon) and the like struggle to get off the ground. Sure wish we'd have had more OSU players success with that team in the past, but it IS Cleveland -- the place where QBs go to die.
Speaking of Cleveland -- Was it just me or does sideline reporter and former Browns QB, Bernie Kosar, look like some rumpled, old, used car salesman? Someone needs to clean him up, get him a nicely starched shirt and tie combo and give him a haircut. He got the same tv appeal as Berry Tramel -- he looks like he's been drinking since 9am..