OrangePower Tailgate - McNeese State Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
Lets kick this off right!

Where - Our spot on the South side of Ag Hall
When - Lot opens at 8:00 AM.
Who - Anybody/everybody.
Menu -Burgers and hotdogs and appropriate sides

The game time is set for 6:00 PM. Time to kick off another exciting year of football in Stillwater. I know a lot of us have been looking forward to this since the final home game last season. Last year other than homecoming, we had a bit of a dip in attendance and I'd like to see as many people come and hang out as possible. For those of you that are regulars, make sure to invite new people to attend. For those that haven't been by in a while, come back home. Anybody that hasn't ever joined us, come give the party a chance. And for any visitors coming from McNeese State, come join us. You will be treated like gold.

Scholarship drive for 2019: Since the 2012 season, the generosity of people donating has allowed us to donate at least $1000 to OSU for scholarships after every season. The hope is that we can accomplish that goal again this year.

A couple notes:
  • While we aren't responsible for enforcing the no tobacco rules on campus, most people appreciate being smoke free. So if you wish to smoke, please move away from the tents to do so. We had a couple instances in prior years of people smoking under or right next to the tents. Not a good situation. Please respect those around you in their choice to be smoke free.
  • There is always some confusion on donations. There are two different items for donations: One is for the tailgate. This is done either to David Harrell or in the tailgate tip jar. This is primarily to cover the expenses of the tailgate, with all funds over the costs going to the scholarship fund which is documented above.. The second is at the Intoxicologist's vehicle. This helps him offset the cost of what he provides. I know this is confusing, and we wish it weren't for the best to keep these things separate, but there are a few reasons why we need to keep it like this. So continue to be as generous as you can.
David Harrell

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
You need to hire my band for an OP tailgate. We have 3 OSU fans/alums, one member who is neutral and one OU alum yet we've opened for three high profile OU football games outside the stadium (FSU, BU and KSU) and for an OU Final Four pre-game party at Brothers yet no gigs in Stillwater where 3/5ths of us would like to play. We play a wide variety of classic rock and have sound equipment sufficient for up to 8,000 people. You can check us out at the Patriarch in Edmond on 9-21, at the Mid-America Street Fest in Midwest City on 10-05 and at the Belle Isle Brewery on 10-18.

C'mon, bring us to God's Country!

www.newshoesband.net
www.facebook.com/newshoesrocks

Oct 3, 2010
Anderson MO
I have shown up in the past, several times since the 2010 season, y’all are very welcoming. I’m looking forward to seeing y’all a lot more often since this is my daughters freshman year in Stillwater. I told her about the tailgating experience and told her on game days I would meet her under the tree where y’all are set up. I’m looking forward to connecting with a few I’ve met and meeting new people. Go Pokes!

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
You need to hire my band for an OP tailgate. We have 3 OSU fans/alums, one member who is neutral and one OU alum yet we've opened for three high profile OU football games outside the stadium (FSU, BU and KSU) and for an OU Final Four pre-game party at Brothers yet no gigs in Stillwater where 3/5ths of us would like to play. We play a wide variety of classic rock and have sound equipment sufficient for up to 8,000 people. You can check us out at the Patriarch in Edmond on 9-21, at the Mid-America Street Fest in Midwest City on 10-05 and at the Belle Isle Brewery on 10-18.

www.newshoesband.net
I'd love to, but there are a few potential issues that I'm not sure how we overcome. First is timing. About a decade ago, the tailgate hired a band and the schedule of the game made it challenging. Second is that parking/equipment has become a very difficult thing. Thirdly is the weather. If we hired and promoted that we were going to have a band playing (not even sure if OSU would allow it with their rule changes the last couple years) and the weather was bad, it gets stressful on everybody. Thirdly, and maybe most importantly, we are a scholarship fund raising tailgate. So while it would be a blast to have live music, and I know that it would go over very well, I'm not sure how we can be good stewards of the money at the same time.

If you want to talk about this, shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

OrangeSpidey

Einstein
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2004
Edmond, OK

www.newshoesband.net
News Hoes, awesome band name, even if it is a bit sexist!

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

www.newshoesband.net
News Hoes, awesome band name, even if it is a bit sexist!
LOL......It’s the New Shoes Band but I like your interpretation much better!

Oct 9, 2009
Greenville,Texas
www.aodmt.org
Dang, Y'all make me want to drop everything and make the trip to Stilly. Hopefully we'll be able to at least make homecoming. We sure have missed coming down and just hangin' out . We have another freshman coming up in two years so we'll start all over again !