Orange Power Tailgate - Kansas Edition - Pregler Returns!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
Where - Our spot on the South side of Ag Hall
When - Lot opens at 8:00 AM.
Who - Anybody/everybody.
Menu -Some of the best smoked BBQ you will ever eat

Kickoff time is 11 AM. Last time this happened, we ate after the game. I will keep this posted.

This is something that our regulars look forward to all year. Tim Pregler (OSU Alumni) will bring his competition smoker "the Sweet Obsession" to the tailgate and will cook some amazing food. Brisket, pulled pork sliders, ribs, and usually a whole lot of other great food as well. We are very fortunate to be able to have him come and he has told me that he doesn't cook for small groups. Our numbers have been smaller this season, so we need to try and get as many people to the tailgate as possible. If you haven't come when he has cooked for us in the past, you owe it to yourself to come and enjoy.

**Additional Notes about the current plan is listed in one of the replies below **

If you are a Kansas fan and are coming into town, come by and see us. I promise that you will be treated well.

Scholarship drive for 2019: Since the 2012 season, the generosity of people donating has allowed us to donate at least $1000 to OSU for scholarships after every season. The hope is that we can accomplish that goal again this year.

A couple notes:
  • While we aren't responsible for enforcing the no tobacco rules on campus, most people appreciate being smoke free. So if you wish to smoke, please move away from the tents to do so. We had a couple instances in prior years of people smoking under or right next to the tents. Not a good situation. Please respect those around you in their choice to be smoke free.
  • There is always some confusion on donations. There are two different items for donations: One is for the tailgate. This is done either to David Harrell or in the tailgate tip jar. This is primarily to cover the expenses of the tailgate, with all funds over the costs going to the scholarship fund which is documented above.. The second is at the Intoxicologist's vehicle. This helps him offset the cost of what he provides. I know this is confusing, and we wish it weren't for the best to keep these things separate, but there are a few reasons why we need to keep it like this. So continue to be as generous as you can.
David Harrell

Last edited:

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
In my discussion with Pregler, here is how I expect things to go in regards to food for KU.

There will be an early lunch/brunch type serving of food. Then he will set up the buffet and start having some food available starting about half-time of the game. I told him that the rules have changed and now we can't leave and get back into the stadium, so unless it is a blow-out, I don't expect a ton of people. Then after the game, he will have the feast ready for people.

So plan a day of it. Come early, chat with people and grab a bite before heading in. Then when the game is over, come back to the tailgate and eat your fill. The traffic doesn't allow people to leave easily anyway and it will still be early, so just plan on spending some time after its over. This can be a lot of fun, but we really need a lot of hungry people. Tim doesn't like to cook for small groups, so we need as many people to come and take part as we can get.

If you haven't made it to a Pregler cook yet, you really should plan on it. I promise you would have to pay a lot of money to get food this good.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I miss the trips to Colorado to watch OSU play. Stopping by to visit the crash site was always something we did.
Really is a great stadium to watch a game in. Not too big, concessions a plenty, & that view. Next to BPS, of course, my favorite college stadium.

WOuld love, love, love to see a series with CU.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
In my discussion with Pregler, here is how I expect things to go in regards to food for KU.

There will be an early lunch/brunch type serving of food. Then he will set up the buffet and start having some food available starting about half-time of the game. I told him that the rules have changed and now we can't leave and get back into the stadium, so unless it is a blow-out, I don't expect a ton of people. Then after the game, he will have the feast ready for people.

So plan a day of it. Come early, chat with people and grab a bite before heading in. Then when the game is over, come back to the tailgate and eat your fill. The traffic doesn't allow people to leave easily anyway and it will still be early, so just plan on spending some time after its over. This can be a lot of fun, but we really need a lot of hungry people. Tim doesn't like to cook for small groups, so we need as many people to come and take part as we can get.

If you haven't made it to a Pregler cook yet, you really should plan on it. I promise you would have to pay a lot of money to get food this good.
OK, so wife & I plan to visit, for the first time, after the game. Can anyone tell me what the donations should be for 2 people $ 25 or more + the scholarly donation - is that in a different cup? , that is fine just wondering

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

OK, so wife & I plan to visit, for the first time, after the game. Can anyone tell me what the donations should be for 2 people $ 25 or more + the scholarly donation - is that in a different cup? , that is fine just wondering
Donations are whatever you feel is appropriate. There are 2 buckets usually, one at the food table that is for food/scholarship, the other at the toxicologist and that is for any drinks you buy from him. Not sure if he'll be there, as he usually announces it a week before.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Donations are whatever you feel is appropriate. There are 2 buckets usually, one at the food table that is for food/scholarship, the other at the toxicologist and that is for any drinks you buy from him. Not sure if he'll be there, as he usually announces it a week before.

*intoxicologist.
get it right pal. :)

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC

thanks

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

*intoxicologist.
get it right pal. :)
Hey, my system auto corrected.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm not gonna be able to actually go to the game this weekend, but I might be able to at least make it by before the game and stay at the tailgate. Family obligations from about halftime onward unless things change.